DEN trades FB Andy Janovich to CLE for 2021 7th rounder

Broncofan

This was a strong possibility when Shurmur came on as OC, since it favors a lot of 11 personnel.   Can't say I'm surprised.  It's more about clearing the roster space than it is about the $ or the player, FB is pretty clearly going to be obsolete in the 2020 O scheme. Wish Jano well in CLE.

Edited by Broncofan

Really not liking what’s going on at Dove Valley. Glasgow is okay, so is Bouye, but we’ve already missed out just of every other big name FA who would fill a need. Now we trade Jano.  

We don’t even have sports to watch on TV because of the virus hysteria, I was hoping for at least something to get excited about with free agency. O.o

Edited by AnAngryAmerican

3 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Really not liking what’s going on at Dove Valley. Glasgow is okay, so is Bouye, but we’ve already missed out just of every other big name FA who would fill a need. Now we trade Jano.  

We don’t even have sports to watch on TV because of the virus hysteria, I was hoping for at least something to get excited about with free agency. O.o

I think Jano being out was inevitable. A 2021 7th is hilarious though. Seriously, just send in a new soda machine or something. 

• Like 1

Ugh. Not a fan of this. Fit your scheme to incorporate a dynamic FB who is also one of your best Special Teamers.

For that price, why not try some things in camp and see if he's capable of more than you realised?

It's a McDanielsesque move, in my opinion. "My way or the highway".

• Like 4

6 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Ugh. Not a fan of this. Fit your scheme to incorporate a dynamic FB who is also one of your best Special Teamers.

For that price, why not try some things in camp and see if he's capable of more than you realised?

Nah we gotta lock in to the system from the great Pat Shurmur, formerly head coach of the fantastic NEW YAWK GIANTS 

Edited by champ11
  • Like 6

15 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

I just noticed that we’ve been hit with $1M in dead money by this trade, too. Yuck

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, champ11 said:

costing yourself money to dump a really good player >>>>>>>>>

I'm so angry at this move. Denver was one of a handful of teams with a true fullback. Janovich was one of the best of them.

Also Drew Lock looked so comfortable throwing out of play action. So we get rid of Scangs and kiss the I formation goodbye.

Shurmer better light it up as OC because firing Rich looked odd. I thought he did the most with what he had and most importantly Drew looked phenomenal compared to preseason.

23 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

The dead money doesn’t matter because it doesn’t exceed the cap hit. They saved 500k or so. 

But that doesn’t even pay for the guy who replaces him on the roster. Even so, I’d probably take Jano at $1.5M at the bottom of the roster over whoever’s gonna replace him for $650k.