TOM BRADY OFFICIALLY A TAMPA BAY BUCCANEER - 2 years $50M

bucsfan333

Hi all.

Not that anybody needs to be told about Tom Brady but thought it might be worth putting my thoughts across as an international fan of the game that primarily came to love it because of Brady almost twenty years ago. As a result, I’ve watched practically every snap of his. Here are some of my thoughts:

- It should be no surprise to see there’s a no-tag clause and he may have ambitions to play beyond two years. He is an animal when it comes to his mindset. I believe he wants to conquer absolutely every landmark in the sport before he leaves it. He doesn’t get talked about with stats and yards in the same way that Brees does, but I’ve no doubt it’s quietly providing fuel in his mind. Don’t forget his emails to a mate about outlasting Peyton Manning. He is a freak competitor.

- He still has it. Stats can be misleading. His receivers were replacement level last year and really, for the last couple of years, outside of Gronk and Edelman (who has quietly been topping the league in drops for a while). He may not be able to elevate below average or journeymen talent like he could in years where he won the SB without Gronk or Edelman, but thankfully that won’t matter to you guys. Because believe me, you give TB12 serious weapons and he will tear defenses apart. Have a look at the first half of the Miami away game this season, working with AB and Josh Gordon, who aren’t even close to the duo that Mike Evans and Chris Godwin are. Add in your TEs to space the field even more. I expect something resembling an elder statesman version of 2007, where he simply had a cheat code type of situation going on because if you put mismatches all over the field, and a QB with his processing ability and accuracy, it’s extremely hard to stop.

- He may not have the power arm he had when he was 30, but he can still rip it over 15-25 yards, which really is more important than that big 60 yard cannon. There are throws he prefers, which has always been the case, but there isn’t a throw he can’t make at this point.

- The culture is going to change, dramatically. He’s hyper-professional when it comes to study habits and absolutely milking every drop of preparation. And he has an uncanny ability to have that permeate through the team.

- 20 years in the league and it’s almost impossible to find a bad word said about him from teammates. I can imagine the love-in for him can be frustrating for fans of other teams, but it’s genuine. He’s a good guy.

- This is the most successful player to ever play the game. Make no mistake, he isn’t thinking Division Champ or just making the Playoffs. He wants to win the Super Bowl.

And you know what... I think he will.

• Like 7

And when I say he may not be able to elevate journeymen talent like in the past, I’m doing him a disservice. It was only a year ago that he went into Arrowhead and beat Mahomes in the AFC title game, throwing to Phil Dorsett and Chris Hogan. I can’t wait to see what he does with Evans and Godwin. Good luck.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Is it too early to speculate who the heir apparent is?  I really hope they draft a Qb before day 3.

Unless we've contacted QBs via other means than visits (and I'm sure we have), it doesn't seem like we're looking at a QB this year. Maybe Stanley/Davidson late. Love is the only other documented visit.