How does Brady's Buccaneers do this season?

RaidersAreOne

How does Brady's Buccaneers do this season?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. How many wins do you think they'll achieve?

• Very badly, NFL cellar dwellers - 0-3 wins
    • Poorly, Major disappointment - 4-6 wins
    • Decent, Playoff hopeful - 7-9 wins
    • Good, Playoff contender 10-12
    • Great, League elite - 13-17

4 minutes ago, lolsurebro said:

One of my good buddies a couple years back... We got into an argument and I explicitly remember him going on for about a half an hour about what a cheating scumbag Brady is, and how he would never, ever, want that piece of dirt for a QB... and guess what?

He's a bucs fan.

My how that tune changed quickly 9_9

Edit: To add to the thread subject, TB does very very well. Playoff contenders out the gate.

The only one that should have the cheating reputation is Bill and some FO (although I know you guys will defend this to the death... I personally think Spygate was a massive advantage, just like the Astros). 

However, Tom was a offensive player minding his own business. He’s not a cheater at all and one of the greatest quarterbacks we’ve ever seen play the game. Do I think Tom is guilty of deflate-gate? Sure. Do I think it helped him in any way? No. 

Tom beating Bill in the SB would be pretty damn epic. 

16 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

I'm guessing around 8-8, Brady will have a handful of great moments but otherwise will look like exactly what he is, a 42 year old legend in his stayed-around-too-long days

That's pretty much exactly what I'm thinking.  Although now that I'm going through free agency updates on stuff, I don't think the Panthers are gonna stop anyone from making the playoffs, and the Falcons aren't much better.  Saints will still be great, and they're tough to get in front of, so it's up to that, or a wild card.

Also, I really do expect his play to fall off after leaving the best coach in the entire league (and getting even another year older).  Even with Mike Evans and Chris Godwin to throw to.

Either way, the NFCS and the AFCE just became very interesting.

10-6 or 11-5. Possible division winner, likely WC. NFC North is not that good outside the Packers. AFC West not that good outside the Chiefs. Good chance they go 4-2 in the division. Other two are Rams and Giants.

Bucs have elite offensive weapons and an underrated defense. Should be a fun team to watch this season.

Edited by childofpudding

10 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

I guarantee that at some point during the season there will be rumblings that Brady is alienating teammates by being too demanding. It's easier when you have Belichick backing you up

BA has accountability sheets and calls guys out all the time. I don't think that'll be an issue.

Teams ahead of them in nfc 

49ers, Saints, Green Bay, Seahawks,

There not winning division while brees is still with the saints. So 6th seed would be my guess barring injuries to key player thats if they draft well and continue making moves in free agency.  

2 hours ago, showtime said:

Lol what?  Jameis Winston threw 30 interceptions last year alone.  THIRTY!!!!!!!!

ha ha... right..

I would imagine Tom might cut that number down a bit. I would say the Bucs have a great chance to win that division net year.

Winston absolutely sunk them in multiple games so by sheer virtue of smarter decision-making:

11-5 and anywhere from 3rd-5th seed

I see Brady having some excellent games at the start and gradually winding down as the season progresses. I'd love to be wrong just to see what he can do but realistically I don't see the mojo coming back

12 hours ago, showtime said:

Lol what?  Jameis Winston threw 30 interceptions last year alone.  THIRTY!!!!!!!!

And he also threw 33 TDs. Winston was bad at times last year, so was Brady.

I'm just saying it's not a slam dunk that Brady is an upgrade here. It's 2020, and Brady is a middling QB now. I respect what he's done and he's the GOAT to me, but he's not at that level anymore.

1 hour ago, FrantikRam said:

I'm just saying it's not a slam dunk that Brady is an upgrade here. It's 2020, and Brady is a middling QB now. I respect what he's done and he's the GOAT to me, but he's not at that level anymore.

Winston was terrible with great weapons. Brady was significantly better with his number 1 WR being injured enough to need surgery and a Corp that led the league in drops. 

2 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

There's a pretty big difference between a td/int ratio of 33-30 and 24-8.  I mean, Winston's int% last year was *4.8%*.  The Bucs are obviously not going to get 2007 Brady, but I think you're underestimating just how problematic Winston's play was last season.