How does Brady's Buccaneers do this season?

RaidersAreOne

How does Brady's Buccaneers do this season?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. How many wins do you think they'll achieve?

• Very badly, NFL cellar dwellers - 0-3 wins
    • Poorly, Major disappointment - 4-6 wins
    • Decent, Playoff hopeful - 7-9 wins
    • Good, Playoff contender 10-12
    • Great, League elite - 13-17

A little late to this but:

I expect them to make the playoffs but I don't see them as a SB contender. I also think the Saints still won the NFC South.

So I'll say they go 10-6 and get a wild card. Maybe win their first game.

Edit: After going through this thread and looking closer at the actual poll I just want to say that this is a 16-game season. The 17 game season doesn't go into effect until 2021. Expanded playoffs will start this year though.

Edited by Bolts223
  • Like 1

I actually think this move is going to work out really well in the short term (say the next two years) for Tampa Bay. I think Tom will be reinvigorated by the challenge. I wouldn't underestimate what going from Bill Belichick to Bruce Arians will do for him mentally. I saw an article that compared the Belichick/Brady dynamic to a father/son dynamic where all the son wanted was to hear "I love you" from the father and never did. To me that fits pretty well. Tom thrives on positive reinforcement and encouragement. Bruce Arians will give him that and have his back, and Tom will work extremely hard to prove Tampa Bay right and Bill Belichick wrong. 

It's going to be super fun watching the GOAT pilot an offense loaded with playmakers. Heck, I'll actually be able to root for Tom now and alone is pretty cool xD 

The one thing I would try to do is try to trade up into the top 10 to get one of the big four offensive tackles. Gotta keep the old guy upright. Maybe touch base with Arizona or Jacksonville to see what it would cost to get ahead of Cleveland and the Jets. 

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2020 at 6:48 PM, BayRaider said:

Might change this (wouldn’t be surprised if they win the division) but:

10-6

6 seed

Tom Brady:

4400 yards

65% COMP

7.7 YPA

27 TDs

11 INTs

Pro Bowl Selection (3rd QB)

No way he makes the Pro Bowl in the NFC with those numbers.

10-6

No playoffs

4400 yds

59% Comp

31 Tds

13 ints

6 hours ago, Drained said:

I don't know why people don't think he's going to do well this season, he had pretty mediocre, decent stats last season whilst ""declining"" with poor receiving corps, he has Mike Evans and Chris Godwin now lol

Both are deep threats. That one thing Brady doesn't excel at.  Humphries will have a career year and so will the TE's

8 hours ago, MrnastiesNO said:

Both [Evans and Godwin] are deep threats. That one thing Brady doesn't excel at.  Humphries will have a career year and so will the TE's

They're less notable for being deep threats than they are for having absurd catch radii.  Since that was kind of essential with Winston.  I think we'll see a breakout year from Howard (our 1st round TE selection who was kind of in the doghouse last year), but I think our WRs will do just fine.

Edited by JudeMorrigan

21 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

The chances of the Buccaneers and Tom Brady winning the Super Bowl went up because they joined forces. 

That's just laughable.  

Tom Brady has no chance of winning another Super Bowl regardless of whatever team he's playing for.  

He's completely washed up.  He wasn't even close to being a Super Bowl contender last season, and while his career is not over, his success is.  

Bruce Arians is a great coach, but he deserves a better organization.