How does Brady's Buccaneers do this season?

RaidersAreOne

How does Brady's Buccaneers do this season?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. How many wins do you think they'll achieve?

• Very badly, NFL cellar dwellers - 0-3 wins
    • Poorly, Major disappointment - 4-6 wins
    • Decent, Playoff hopeful - 7-9 wins
    • Good, Playoff contender 10-12
    • Great, League elite - 13-17

13 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Quietly had one of the league's best run Ds last year. Not sure what they have done to address pass D, but I don't think it could get much worse. Defense overall should be average. Meanwhile on offense, you are really just swapping out Jameis w/ Brady on a team that scored the 3rd most points. If Brady can play better than Jameis, on top of the GIVEN that he will not throw as many picks, then the offense will be even better and this a 12-4 type team. If Brady has indeed regressed, and only further declines next year, then you're looking more at 9 to 10 wins as the offense won't move as well. Either way, I see improvement, by virtue of 30 INTs not occurring.

I think Brady still can throw just fine, so I expect the Bucs to be looking at 11 or 12 wins this year and a very explosive offense with all those weapons.

It was not quiet, that run d was the best run d in the league. Vita vea is a M O N S T E R in the middle. Dude is like a sumo wrestler that grew up doing ballet or something. Super light on his feet but also immovable at the same time. 

I don't know what they are going to do to replace suh though, he was a big part of that. He wasnt trying to shoot gaps, he has lost a step, so they asked him to be stout at the POA and it worked well next to vea 

Devin white wasn't healthy for a huge chunk of last year. That guy could potentially be in the running for DPOY if things break his way. 

Their secondary had some issues but I expect them to fix that. I really like #33 for them but they need to replace both S and their other corner. 

I expect their defense to play well for large parts of next year. 

I am not sold on their offense. I am skeptical they will be committed to running the ball. They haven't shown me that they can really do it consistently. I don't think Arians offense is a good fit for Brady at all but maybe he will change it

The 2 people that benefitted most from TB is OJ Howard and brate. Brady likes his TEs and Tampa has two good ones but has no clue how to use them. Brady should change that 

I liked Tampa a lot but now that everyone has jumped on the bandwagon, it's a team I think will underperform relative to what everyone thinks. Brady really didn't look good last year 

• Like 3

don't see them being better than the saints; i think that people are looking at this brady thing too black and white by and large. if you say he's done; you are a clown. if you say he's the same brady he was in 2016; you are a clown.

he's probably not a top five guy in the league anymore, but he is probably sitting around that top ten mark; and with the weapons TB has, that's all you need to turn a top ten guy in to a top five performer when the pieces all work together

The thing with Brady is he needs his receivers to be on his time, not the coaches. He stunk up the joint last season (for him that is) because he didn't trust his receivers at all. He needs the offense to run his way or it just doesn't work. I have watched him play week after week for 20 years and I'm telling you, he doesn't get it done if his receivers aren't on the same page and that takes a longer time than a few months on a completely brand new team. His most loyal and trusted go to guy for the past 5+ seasons has been Edelman and he is no longer with TB.  I don't know how Tom will fare this season but I don't think it's going to be as easy as it was with the offense he's been in his entire career. 

A lot will depend on the draft, where the Bucs seem well placed.  Assuming the mocks are right, T.B. might be able to snag an OL and a premium RB.  If so, Tampa Bay wins 13 games and has an excellent shot at the Super Bowl.  Even if they can't get some vestige of a ground game going they should win 9-10 and contend for a wild card. 

Their strength of schedule helps:  Tom Brady will face the league's weakest opponents in 2020 while his WRs encounter the NFL's third softest backfields.  Expect monstrous passing numbers this year.

10-6 and possibly grabbing one of the wildcard spots.

Lets make this very clear, the Bucs arent going to the Superbowl. The reason why is the Superbowl is in Tampa Bay and NO TEAM IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL HAS HOSTED A SUPERBOWL. I like to follow trends so until that trend is broken Im not betting on the Bucs going to the Superbowl this upcoming season. MAYBE in 2021 if Brady is still playing at a top 15 QB level with the talent around him. 

Now Ive said in another thread that I get why people are high on the Bucs and I am too I would just caution that with the coronavirus crisis the offseason in terms of camps and preseason is in question. The Bucs have a new QB trying to learn a new system. If not the Bucs players have to get on the same page with Brady. Brady have to try to get on the same page with Arians and the rest of the offensive coaches. Even if there was a normal offseason it probably would still take at least 4 games into the regular season just for the chemistry to start to click. Now with the offseason in question, if there is little to no camps and preseason and teams just mainly jump into the regular its going to be that much harder for the Bucs. So this process of chemistry could take at least half the season. Not to mention the Bus have a brutal schedule. 

So again I think 10-6 and possibly grabbing one of the wildcard spots is feasible. Now that the NFL has added a 7th seed will make it easier for the Bucs to get into the playoffs. As of right now my NFC playoff prediction will look like this:

Eagles NFC East Champs

Saints NFC South Champs

Niners NFC West Champs

Packers NFC North Champs

Rams Wildcard

Seahawks Wildcard

Bucs Wildcard

I think its going to come down to Cowboys, Bucs, and Vikings to grab that last wildcard and to me who do I trust Arians/Brady, McCarthy/Dak, Zimmer/Cousins? Its simple I trust Arians/Brady down the stretch to sneak into that last playoff spot. Although I will say that the Cowboys normally do well in even seasons so it wouldnt shock me if they won the division and the Eagles are the one fighting for that last playoff spot. The NFC is going to be brutal but yet fun to watch this upcoming season and I cant wait. 

Edited by stl4life07

There are a ton of pieces there, and i get the argument that protecting the football even just a little bit garners them x amount more wins.  But i just can't say i really trust that OLine to keep Brady clean, and there's no Scarnecchia witchcraft to save the day there.  The running game that they'll need to lean on to set up what Brady can succeed with, just doesn't convince me either.

If they do end up investing heavily in the draft at those critical positions...i could see them being a very good team.  But as it stands, i'm really curious to see if they can even keep Brady healthy all year.  And if he can even take advantage of some of a guy like Evans most special qualities downfield, if he's having to unload the ball immediately every snap.  The weapons are absolutely there...i just don't know if that matters, if they can't keep an elderly Brady statue erect.

If they make this 1 move...13 games. The move? Offer Kareem Hunt a contract the Browns won't match and give up the draft pick. That's the last piece they need, and he is tough, can run behind a sub par line, has every madden attribute on a high level (speed, stiff arm, spin move, truck, jump, and catch), hasn't got a lot of miles on him, and is hungry.

• 4 weeks later...

Bumping this back up. 

1) Bucs got the 2nd best RT in the draft behind Wills in Wirfs. Wirfs is a Plug and Play very very good RT. 

2) Antoine Winfield Jr. in the 2nd Round, who I think becomes one of the best players of this entire draft class. 

Bucs only defensive need was a FS and they already ranked 5th in Defensive DVOA last season. Possible Top 3-4 D this year?

Also, the Gronk addition as well. 

This is looking like a 12-4 Top 2 Seed team.