Where does Jameis go now?

bucsfan333

3 minutes ago, Caaddy24 said:

Hmmm. So no reports of ANY interest in Jameis from ANY teams so far. Chicago would rather trade for Nick Foles. And the Chargers are rolling with Tyrod Taylor. All instead of signing the prominent Jameis Winston that half this forum loves so much. 

R.I.P   give it up dude....     There are a whole **** ton of other moving parts.   The league year hasn't started yet so all these "contracts" are not even official yet.

32 minutes ago, Caaddy24 said:

Hmmm. So no reports of ANY interest in Jameis from ANY teams so far. Chicago would rather trade for Nick Foles. And the Chargers are rolling with Tyrod Taylor. All instead of signing the prominent Jameis Winston that half this forum loves so much. 

Tried to tell them Winston was only in high regard here and nowhere else. Cannot win consistently with a turnover machine. I think Cam gets looked at though by miami

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, sryan66611 said:

R.I.P   give it up dude....     There are a whole **** ton of other moving parts.   The league year hasn't started yet so all these "contracts" are not even official yet.

Valid, but really where is he going to play? thats the real q right now

31 minutes ago, Caaddy24 said:

I don't recall anyone saying Winston was the longterm answer, but a 1-2 year bridge guy for a rookie QB. Same situation as now with Brady...

I think everyone was on board for Brady over Winston, as he was a clear upgrade given his accolades and ability to elevate the talent around him. I think just about all of us thought Brady was a pipedream until Monday...

Jameis may have to take a backup role next year, as it's happened before to ther starting calibur QBs. I would be stunned though if he didn't get another chance to start beyond that. It was pretty evident that he was our fallback option if Brady went elsewhere, which is what I was saying made the most sense from the beginning...

It's still early, so I wouldn't quite rule him out in a few spots. The NY post today mentioned Miami trading Rosen to NE and the bringing in Winston, or Jacksonville bringing him into compete with Minshew...

And kudos to the Chargers and Bears if they really think Foles and Taylor are better options at this point. I dont see it, both are journeyman...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, kgarrett12486 said:

And kudos to the Chargers and Bears if they really think Foles and Taylor are better options at this point. I dont see it, both are journeyman...

The Chargers are in the perfect spot to move up for Tua or Herbert, whoever they prefer.

1 hour ago, sryan66611 said:

I'm not really sure...    I hope he finds somewhere to play/start because I am really interested in seeing how it all plays out.

It would take some time forgetting the dread that takes you over every time he drops back to pass. But he's must watch tv.

I loved watching Josh Allen go crazy in the playoffs last year, doing all kinds of stupid stuff. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

True, but that means means you're locked into start one of those two from day 1 IMO, unless you're ok with tanking 2020...

Taylor shouldn't be starting...

They've improved their line and they have their weapons/RBs all locked up. Wouldn't be so bad to start Herbert right away. Tua might need to be slowly brought along until they're sure he's absolutely 100%.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

They've improved their line and they have their weapons/RBs all locked up. Wouldn't be so bad to start Herbert right away. Tua might need to be slowly brought along until they're sure he's absolutely 100%.

I'm a fan of Herbert, but no chance I'd start him from day one. He needs the Drew Lock treatment, as they're very similar prospects. He's going to need an adjustment period to digest/adjust...

If I was a Chargers fan, I'd want a better tutor in front of him and one that more closely resembled his play style...

2 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

I'm a fan of Herbert, but no chance I'd start him from day one. He needs the Drew Lock treatment, as they're very similar prospects. He's going to need an adjustment period to digest/adjust...

If I was a Chargers fan, I'd want a better tutor in front of him and one that more closely resembled his play style...

Sounds like they might want Tua, which would make sense based on the two QBs on their roster.

I have no idea what they're gonna do about their backup/beginning of the season starter.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, indifference said:

I think chargers are drafting a qb and it will be the kid from Oregon. Tua is better than him but I can see him falling. If he’s there at 14 it would be hard to pass on him.

If Tua's medical hadn't come back clean, I could've seen him falling. Now with Orthos giving him clean bill I think he's top 5...

I agree though, if somehow he fell to us, we'd better be running to the podium...

5 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

If Tua's medical hadn't come back clean, I could've seen him falling. Now with Orthos giving him clean bill I think he's top 5...

I agree though, if somehow he fell to us, we'd better be running to the podium...

jordan love hype is dying down and now that Colts have traded their pick away...i see him sliding