Bills sign DL Quinton Jefferson and Vernon Butler

Trentwannabe

3 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

Jefferson makes sense. He replaces Jordan Phillips as a 3 tech. 

Butler on other hand means that Star or Harrison wont be on the team. Wonder if we are gonna  cut Lotuleli or if Harrison Phillips isnt recovering well from his injury

There is room for all 5 IMO. Remember it was Beane as an Assistant GM and McD as a DC that drafted Vernon Butler in the first when Star and Kawaan Short were already entrenched as starters.

Especially if we cut Murphy as Jefferson can flip outside if needed. 

Looking at his contract I suspect your right.  $10million dead cap if he's cut this year but does that stop anything with the cap room we have?  Next year definitely on the table though.  If we draft a DE early and he has another off year he is gone for sure.  I hope I don't sound like I'm hoping for it.

11 hours ago, Buff Naked said:

Looking at his contract I suspect your right.  $10million dead cap if he's cut this year but does that stop anything with the cap room we have?  Next year definitely on the table though.  If we draft a DE early and he has another off year he is gone for sure.  I hope I don't sound like I'm hoping for it.

That and hes still capable DE, team leader. I suspect this will likely be his last year for us. But as a rotational piece, I'm good with him 

Bills arent cutting Hughes he has a higher dead cap then he does cap hit this year. Plus they need depth at RDE behind Mario, as Mcdermott is constantly rotating guys out. So I expect those two to share the position, Ed and Jefferson will be the D3 Tech, butler, harrison and Star are D1 tech, Jefferson may slide to Murphy spot having butler or harrison slide to the D3 tech. The player I can see being cut is Murphy as they can clear 8 mil with only leaving 1.7 mil in dead cap.