Sooooo 4th for Cam?

Mojibwe

I actually hate the fact that if tua isn’t there the chargers take Herbert or Love. I would hate for the next 4-5 years be average at best play from the QB position.

I would prefer 0 part of this QB class in the 1st unless it’s a tua fall. No move up. It would realistically cost next years first. Gimme hurts in the 3rd or give me death.

I can’t believe we’re making moves (Turner, Bulaga, Joseph, and now Harris Jr.) for vet players with the thought of going into the season with Tyrod, Easton or a rookie at QB.  I might be in the minority, but I’d love to bring Cam in. I wouldn’t even be against Dalton either if no Cam.  

• Like 1

I 100% agree. Tyrod will be 8-8 or 9-7. The potential for success with Cam is a hell of a lot higher even if he is 80% of his MVP season. 

Also, from an ownership standpoint, having a former MVP under center is a hell of a lot more appealing to a team searching for a fan base than Tyrod IMO.

• Like 1

We gotta go all in for a rookie.  I think we're going to do whatever it takes to trade up and get Tua (or whatever QB we're all in on).  It seems like they're fairly confident that we'll land whoever we want with not pushing for a QB.  Honestly I think Cam is good, but I just don't know what you do with him.  He's not going to come in cheap, and if you trade for him, and he performs in a contract year, that's great, but you also have to prepare for him to fail/be hurt, so you're drafting a QB early anyway. It's one of those situations where you really can't win.  I think you just have to sit back and draft the rookie and roll with him. 

• Like 1

I’m ok with Tua even if it costs us next years first and a middle rounder, I think his talent justifies that gamble. I don’t wanna give up the RG3 package for him though. I think 6 is too high for Love, I would like him if we traded back a little or traded back up into the first if he’s still there ( although I know if we were high on him we wouldn’t risk trading back and losing him). I see Love a lot like Drew Lock last year. Plenty of talent but plenty of questions too. I could see him falling, possibly being available with our 2nd much like Lock last year.  I can’t talk myself into Herbert. I want to like him, he has plenty of natural talent but there’s just something not right there.  He’s been impressive in the post season circuit but why didn’t it show up in the games?  Was it the Oregon OC’s fault? I can’t figure it out with him.  What I really bemoan though is we’ve been in position to draft our QB of the future in the last few years and didn’t - didn’t make a play for Wentz (16), passed on Watson & Mahomes (17), passed on Jackson (18) and now we’re stuck picking from a lesser talent group (Maybe not Tua) for our next QB.  

3 minutes ago, Boltstrikes said:

Tua is undersized for a PRO QB and coming off a fractured hip. I guarantee it changes his game. Would not touch him until the 20's.

He’s 6’1 right? Brees, Mayfield, Murray, Wilson I thought we kinda busted the height thing?  The injuries do give me pause, but the position is so important that if we’re comfortable with the medicals, I think he’s worth it. This is mute though if the Dolphins want him, they have much more ammo than we do to go get him

I think we can all agree that the QB’s in this class are more question marks than sure things.

whether it’s Tua’s hip, love interceptions (I don’t k ow how that magically changes), or Herbert just being blah.

i would honestly feel more confident with Cam. Doesn’t work out, dump him and try for one of the bigs next year. I love Justin fields (not as much as that dude that loved Keith rivers, but close) and am just not as sure about this class...

• Like 1

I'm more on board with Tyrod Taylor... a roll on Hurts from the third back or just waiting until next year to address the position. Like BPA at 6th... preferably a Tackle. Go heavy run first this year with Tyrod. A corner in the second or trade for a future first,  a WR, extend our guys, Maybe load up to move up for Lawrence next year if Stick isn't viable, but I will lose my mind if we mortgage future picks for a dude that measures 6 feet and ALREADY has injury issues. It's not just the height. He's undersized and not used to taking NFL hits. Recipe for a miss. Late 20's ok. Top ten pick though? No please... just roll with Tyrod, which is a disaster but at least doesn't set us back for years level disaster.

• Like 2

Yeah, outside of Burrow, this QB class is a little scary.  You find yourself trying to talk yourself into guys (Herbert/Love) or projecting (Hurts).  I could roll the dice on Hurts, although I think it would cost us our 2nd (Telesco doesn’t have the stones to wait til the 3rd). But yeah, I could get behind that.   Would love to add Wirfs or Wills to this line with Bulaga, Turner, and Pouncey.  Wirfs/Wills in the 1st, Hurts in the 2nd, WR/RB/TE in the 3rd and 4th

21 minutes ago, BoltsFan937 said:

Ran a quick simulated mock (I know they’re not totally accurate) came up with

1. Jedrick Wills

2. Jalen Hurts

3. Cam Akers ( Trautman, Peoples Jones, Claypool, AJ Dillon, still on board)

4. Akeem Davis-Gaither 

I would actually be pretty happy with this, but I think it would take us out of the running for a QB next year if we spend a high pick on a QB this year. You can’t keep spending picks on the position as other needs/depth starts to become an issue which I think we have all seen the last few years. 

Well I think if the thought process is, we’ll take Hurts at 37 this year and draft one in the first next year, then you’re not really convicted on him in the first place.  Just pass and draft a different position and roll with Tyrod or whoever.  If you’re taking Hurts that high, then I’d think you’re assuming he’ll be the starter at some point.  Our problem is, even with Tyrod, we’re good enough to win 5-6 games which knocks us out of the Lawrence/Fields market next year (obviously barring a monster trade up package).