Sooooo 4th for Cam?

Mojibwe

17 hours ago, BoltsFan937 said:

How do we not bring Cam in?  

Not enough cap room currently. Even if we do consider it, it would behoove us to wait until after the draft to do so. Wait and see if Hurts falls to us in the 2nd or 3rd before committing a roster spot to Cam that would mean Stick is gone. From what I’ve read we have 15m, Patriots have 5. Let him sit in unemployment purgatory for a few weeks and see if he gives us a sweetheart one year prove it deal. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Boltstrikes said:

Not enough cap room currently. Even if we do consider it, it would behoove us to wait until after the draft to do so. Wait and see if Hurts falls to us in the 2nd or 3rd before committing a roster spot to Cam that would mean Stick is gone. From what I’ve read we have 15m, Patriots have 5. Let him sit in unemployment purgatory for a few weeks and see if he gives us a sweetheart one year prove it deal. 

I think that changed with Okung and Benjamin leaving though. I think we are around 23 mil. Not a lot, but still in good shape.

20 hours ago, Mojibwe said:

I think that changed with Okung and Benjamin leaving though. I think we are around 23 mil. Not a lot, but still in good shape.

A little more than that, but we have to save 9-10m for draft, and another 5ish m for in season signings.  probably puts us around the 7-9m mark left to actually spend.  

53 minutes ago, Duffman57 said:

A little more than that, but we have to save 9-10m for draft, and another 5ish m for in season signings.  probably puts us around the 7-9m mark left to actually spend.  

Melvin Ingram would be a good restructure/move (Currently $16m cap hit) and Virgil green cut would be a savings of over $2.5 mil.

10 minutes ago, Mojibwe said:

Melvin Ingram would be a good restructure/move (Currently $16m cap hit) and Virgil green cut would be a savings of over $2.5 mil.

How would we restructure a guy who's on the last year of his contract.  That's not how that works. We'd either have to extend him (which isn't happening because players want to benefit frim the increased salary cap next year, and the owners won't overspend because they don't know the cap for next year), or get him to agree to a flat out pay cut.  Unless you want to cut one of the top 10-15 pass rushers in the league......

Virgil Green is not worth cutting and is well worth keeping.  He's one of the better blocking TE's in the league. Saving 2.5m does absolutely nothing for us.....

Especially on a team that has made it very clear that the expectation is to win now, neither of these moves make any sense....QB is now out of the question and they'll roll with Tua/Herbert with Tyrod.

Edited by Duffman57
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Duffman57 said:

How would we restructure a guy who's on the last year of his contract.  That's not how that works. We'd either have to extend him (which isn't happening because players want to benefit frim the increased salary cap next year, and the owners won't overspend because they don't know the cap for next year), or get him to agree to a flat out pay cut.  Unless you want to cut one of the top 10-15 pass rushers in the league......

Virgil Green is not worth cutting and is well worth keeping.  He's one of the better blocking TE's in the league. Saving 2.5m does absolutely nothing for us.....

Especially on a team that has made it very clear that the expectation is to win now, neither of these moves make any sense....QB is now out of the question and they'll roll with Tua/Herbert with Tyrod.

Extending him would lower the cap number. How is that bad? You just said he’s top10-15. If you think the cap is going down with bigger rosters, I can’t help you there.

How have they made the expectation to win now?

5 minutes ago, Mojibwe said:

Extending him would lower the cap number. How is that bad? You just said he’s top10-15. If you think the cap is going down with bigger rosters, I can’t help you there.

How have they made the expectation to win now?

Go back and read my post for an explanation of why an extension isn't going to happen.  Players want to capitalize on the increased cap number. It's not that it's going down, its that it's going up, but its hard to tell HOW much it's going up, so its risky trying to predict.  Both agents and FO people are going to be hesitant to make deals into the future because the landscape is very unknown.  That's why you're seeing a HUGE majority of deals being 2-3 years this year instead of the usual 4-5 year deals.  That's why you've seen basically no extensions for anyone this year.

So you don't think putting their head coach on a 1 year extension, and signing 3 vets to short term contracts is making it clear that the intention isn't to win now? It's been made very clear that they think they have the roster to win now, and it seems as though both TT and Lynn are under the expectation to win now with how they've made moves. 

52 minutes ago, Duffman57 said:

Go back and read my post for an explanation of why an extension isn't going to happen.  Players want to capitalize on the increased cap number. It's not that it's going down, its that it's going up, but its hard to tell HOW much it's going up, so its risky trying to predict.  Both agents and FO people are going to be hesitant to make deals into the future because the landscape is very unknown.  That's why you're seeing a HUGE majority of deals being 2-3 years this year instead of the usual 4-5 year deals.  That's why you've seen basically no extensions for anyone this year.

So you don't think putting their head coach on a 1 year extension, and signing 3 vets to short term contracts is making it clear that the intention isn't to win now? It's been made very clear that they think they have the roster to win now, and it seems as though both TT and Lynn are under the expectation to win now with how they've made moves. 

I don’t think there are too many guys that have signed though, that don’t have question marks about their games though.  I think what you’re saying does hold merit, but I don’t think there are too many slam dunk FA’s this year. Somehow Robert Quinn keeps cashing in though.