Best and worst contracts handed out in FA thus far

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, berlin calling said:

one was elected all Pro and had a PFF rating of 83.2 for the 19 season.

the other had a PFF rating of 65.1 and never been to a pro bowl.

What Waynes does well is what the average fan doesn't care about. Let's not start using the pro bowl as a measuring stick (I realize fans don't hold all votes.)

The thing with Waynes is that he plays the WR rather than the ball. And he does this well as he is an elite tackler with elite speed. Do you have a scheme (like cover 3) that relies on CBs who need to play on an island downfield while also containing outside runs (making for a very valuable, but not flashy position)? Then Waynes is your guy. Yes he’s going to give up some catches and gain few interceptions, but he will hardly ever get beat for big yards. Not on short YAC passes or on deep passes.

It's also worth noting that Waynes probably his worst year as a starter last year. I don't get into stats much but I'd bet it was his lowest PFF rating in his career as a starter, so that number doesn't define him (not that his style leads to flashy numbers anyway). 

I get why many would like Peters more. He's flashy, coming off his best year in a long while, and fits well in Baltimore's defense. Personally though, I'd value Waynes' aformentioned traits more than I'd value Peters'.

The icing on the cake is that Waynes is also an exceptional individual who we loved having in Minnesota.

Edited by Duluther
  • Like 2

I really thought Littleton would command more $$. Great signing by the Raiders on that front. 
I like the Conklin/Browns fit as well, and the contract isn't bad. 

Brockers for 10M, Quinn for a 5 years contract and R. Cobb for 27M/3 years. Those I like less. 
And that J. Graham would be signed to any contract is kinda of a joke. He got 2 years O.o

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Duluther said:

What Waynes does well is what the average fan doesn't care about. Let's not start using the pro bowl as a measuring stick (I realize fans don't hold all votes.)

The thing with Waynes is that he plays the WR rather than the ball. And he does this well as he is an elite tackler with elite speed. Do you have a scheme (like cover 3) that relies on CBs who need to play on an island downfield while also containing outside runs (making for a very valuable, but not flashy position)? Then Waynes is your guy. Yes he’s going to give up some catches and gain few interceptions, but he will hardly ever get beat for big yards. Not on short YAC passes or on deep passes.

It's also worth noting that Waynes probably his worst year as a starter last year. I don't get into stats much but I'd bet it was his lowest PFF rating in his career as a starter, so that number doesn't define him (not that his style leads to flashy numbers anyway). 

I get why many would like Peters more. He's flashy, coming off his best year in a long while, and fits well in Baltimore's defense. Personally though, I'd value Waynes' aformentioned traits more than I'd value Peters'.

The icing on the cake is that Waynes is also an exceptional individual who we loved having in Minnesota.

Trae Waynes in 2018: 692 snaps, 37/58, 441 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 85.5 passer rating against

Trae Waynes in 2019: 768 snaps, 71/96, 719 yards, 5 TDs, 1 INT, 107.9 passer rating against

Marcus Peters: 915 snaps, 50/90, 597 yards, 5 TDs, 5 INTs, 71.4 passer rating against.