Doom Eternal

showtime

• 4 months later...

Two levels into The Ancient Gods pt. II and I'm feeling weirdly underwhelmed. It's not bad. The argent hammer is fun to use and the new traversal mechanic is cool. But the new enemy types are just gimmicky reskins that are more annoying than fun to fight and they don't feel all that well integrated into the gameplay. Plus, the visual design of the first couple of levels is pretty unexciting compared to the first DLC. 

Here's hoping that the third mission is a showstopper, because so far I'm pretty meh on this expansion. 

Edited by Starless
  • Like 1

Final boss fight sucks.

Overly long, uninteresting, and not really challenging, either. Just tedious.

Could've been fixed with some tweaks. The circular arena is the biggest problem, I think. If they'd given you ways to break line of sight, they could've made his AI more aggressive, and made the fight move a lot more quickly and have more tension. As it is, most of it is just waiting around for him to do his parryable attack. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/21/2021 at 1:37 PM, Starless said:

Final boss fight sucks.

Overly long, uninteresting, and not really challenging, either. Just tedious.

Could've been fixed with some tweaks. The circular arena is the biggest problem, I think. If they'd given you ways to break line of sight, they could've made his AI more aggressive, and made the fight move a lot more quickly and have more tension. As it is, most of it is just waiting around for him to do his parryable attack. 

It really reminded me of the MMO boss fights I've grown to hate from The Old Republic.