Cowboys sign DT Gerald McCoy (3 year deal)

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Dallas in general this FA period. Lost Byron Jones, Malik Collins, Robert Quinn and the goat Jeff Heath. That's 4 starters on D. They needed to get back on the board.

I'm hoping that Randy Gregory and David Irving are both reinstated so that they get two more starters back, and then they can draft a CB and perhaps bring Eric Berry and some other safeties in for workouts. Gregory and Irving would be nice additions to the hybrid defense, for sure.

They need a slot WR, but they might be able to do that through the draft or low-key free agency. If there really is mutual interest between Dez and the Cowboys, then he might be able to play a WR/TE type, while guys like Amari and Gallup can spend some time in the slot. However, I'd like them to keep Tavon Austin on the cheap since he and Dak have some chemistry, and with a coach like McCarthy, they might actually use Tavon at RB, which is something Jason Garrett said he would do, but never actually did.

3 minutes ago, the lone star said:

I'm hoping that Randy Gregory and David Irving are both reinstated so that they get two more starters

Hell might as well add Josh Gordon too with the new CBA. Nate Newton can supply the party gifts.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Why would McCoy sign for so cheap? He has averaged just under 12 million per year over the last 10 years.

He made just over 8 million last year.

Other guys are getting 10+ all over the place.

Nice deal for Dallas.

I think he wants to be close to his son and knows that he will make money on the other side being a Cowboy. They all do.