Cowboys sign DT Gerald McCoy (3 year deal)

RaidersAreOne

20 minutes ago, Northland said:

I agree.  Hopefully he has some gas left in the tank.  Who's next?

Give me Snacks or Shelton and Billings too. Then see what price tag is for Trufant.  Reshad Jones for 1 yr stop gap, or Karl Joseph for mid range deal. Bring back Benson Mayowa on a cheap deal. 

57 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

He may be on the downside but he had 5 sacks last year. Hill had zero, Woods had 1.5, and Collins had 4.

It may not be 2015 anymore but this is an upgrade.

Get him a big body to play next to and those numbers might go up

23 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

We do have Woods - but I don't mind Snacks.

Snacks is such a proven commodity as a space eater.  Occupy a couple of blockers and allow others to do their thing.  Doesn't show up a lot in the stat sheet but he pays big dividends.  I'm intrigued by the player Daboys mentioned - Mike Pennel of the Chiefs.  He could be the type of fly under the radar signing that pays off.  He would certainly be economical.

4 minutes ago, Northland said:

Snacks is such a proven commodity as a space eater.  Occupy a couple of blockers and allow others to do their thing.  Doesn't show up a lot in the stat sheet but he pays big dividends.  I'm intrigued by the player Daboys mentioned - Mike Pennel of the Chiefs.  He could be the type of fly under the radar signing that pays off.  He would certainly be economical.

Sure - I am just saying Woods is a pretty good DT. But give me Snacks as well.

4 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Sure - I am just saying Woods is a pretty good DT. But give me Snacks as well.

Woods is solid.  Nothing wrong with bringing in competition and depth.  I'm a firm believer that it all starts up front on both sides of the ball.  A strong DL will overcome a lot of sins on defense.  Poor DL play will sink you.  In today's game pressure up the middle is so important.

Three years, max of $20.25 million

Signing bonus: $3 million

2020 base: $2.5 million (fully guaranteed)

2021 base: $5 million ($1.5 million fully guaranteed)

2022 base: $5.25 million

Max of $750,000 each season

He can also earn up to $750,000 each season in incentives.

An additional $2 million of his 2021 base salary is guaranteed for injury and becomes fully guaranteed on the fifth day of the 2021 league year.