B.W. Webb released

theJ

7 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Not terribly surprising.  If we can get him resigned at a lower price, I wouldn't hate that.  He's our 4th CB right now (WJ3, Waynes, Phillips) but if we draft a guy on day 1/2, that'd drop him to 5th on the depth chart.

Same.  I mean, he's bad.  But what do you really expect out of the 4th or 5th CB?

I'd like to see us sign ancient Tramon Williams. He's a bit like Terence Newman or Darrell Green. He's 38 and was old 5 years ago. But he is still playing at a high level and was much better last year than Waynes or anyone on the Bengals. He only cost 6 mil since he's on a prove it deal every year.  Obviously, he's not a long term solution. But he'd be insurance in case Phillips proves to be fools gold with his multiple picks of Fitzpatrick and Mayfield. 

6 hours ago, sparky151 said:

I'd like to see us sign ancient Tramon Williams. He's a bit like Terence Newman or Darrell Green. He's 38 and was old 5 years ago. But he is still playing at a high level and was much better last year than Waynes or anyone on the Bengals. He only cost 6 mil since he's on a prove it deal every year.  Obviously, he's not a long term solution. But he'd be insurance in case Phillips proves to be fools gold with his multiple picks of Fitzpatrick and Mayfield. 

Really?  You railed on Waynes and Reader to an extent, but want to sign a 38 year old?  

Waynes can be fixed technique wise.,  He has all the physical tools.  Having him get his head around a s=pkit second earlier will do wonders for him.  Plus, he will be chasing #2 guys if they finally are set with Jackson shadowing the other team's #1

Yes, I'd prefer a better player who also happens to be cheaper. The only downside to Williams is he's not a long term solution. But is Waynes? 

Waynes was CB2 in Minnesota with Rhodes as CB1. Zimmer is a CB whisperer and there's no reason to expect any improvement from Waynes in Cincinnati. At this point in his career, he is what he is. 

25 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Waynes was CB2 in Minnesota with Rhodes as CB1. Zimmer is a CB whisperer and there's no reason to expect any improvement from Waynes in Cincinnati. At this point in his career, he is what he is. 

CB1 and CB2 doesn’t mean anything  when they’re both on the field for the same amount of snaps. And especially when each corner is bounded to a particular side of the field.

And no, Tramon Williams isn’t better.