TCMD (Total Control Mock Draft) 2020

Ghostnote

2 hours ago, mike23md said:

I traded back up to get Chase Young once I learned that NE was all in on Tua. I gave up a future 1st to get him. I was able to overhaul the roster to get rid of guys like Kerrigan and Trent with bloated contracts. Same with Jordan Reed and Josh Norman, AND Alex Smith as a June 1st. Bloated the cap number to near 70M available. 

But you also could have just drafted him at 2 and not given up a first round pick next year lol

Kudos to you for doing this.  I've done them on other sites in the past, and they are a lot of work.  Also, the ones I was involved with were not realistic in the slightest.  While this off-season hasn't necessarily played out this way, it was something that could've happened.  

Like you, I do see a numbers crunch happening on the defensive line, and I think it's going to come at the interior.  Settle is a big guy for the run-stuffing goal line packages, so he's safe.  Ionaidis has to bulk up to play inside in a 4-3, so he might be the odd man out here, especially since he is on the right side of 30, with a team friendly extension.  

7 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Kudos to you for doing this.  I've done them on other sites in the past, and they are a lot of work.  Also, the ones I was involved with were not realistic in the slightest.  While this off-season hasn't necessarily played out this way, it was something that could've happened.  

Like you, I do see a numbers crunch happening on the defensive line, and I think it's going to come at the interior.  Settle is a big guy for the run-stuffing goal line packages, so he's safe.  Ionaidis has to bulk up to play inside in a 4-3, so he might be the odd man out here, especially since he is on the right side of 30, with a team friendly extension.  

Ionnaidis could definitely be the UT while Payne hits the NT spots. I just saw Ionnaidis and Payne being more productive than Allen, which is what my dilemma. This allowed me to move up and get Chase Young as a 4-3 DE instead of someone else.