Titans trade Jurrell Casey

KingTitan

4 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Clowney has definitely played all over the front and Vrabel definitely knows how to use him

I think that’s a huge part of his value. His strength at the point of attack allows him to be good against the run everywhere. He’s not an elite pass rusher, but he’s a versatile weapon, can easily get him, Landry and Beasley enough snaps.

Just now, Airness McNairness said:

you're thinking about it all wrong. you're thinking glass half empty instead of half full.. how awesome would the pass rush be with landry and clowney (if we get him) starting with a speed demon like beasley coming hot off the bench?? 

Yea, it sucks Casey was such a leader. One of my favorite if not favorite titans. Nfl is a business and sometimes you gotta make moves. He is getting older. But we have Simmons coming healthy. We need more pass rush if we wanna get past KC in the playoffs.

Just now, Mesa_Titan said:

Man, people are on some real haterade where Clowney is concerned. Dude is a baller. 

yeah he's overrated if he has to be the guy counted on to get 15 sacks.. but he's like tannehill in the since that as long as he is one of the guys and not THE guy, he can thrive.. make clowney one of the guys with landry and simmons and beasley and watch clowney WRECK F**KIN HAVOC

1 minute ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Man, people are on some real haterade where Clowney is concerned. Dude is a baller. 

I love Casey. Can't stress it enough.

But I thought it was obvious that Clowney>Casey now and for the forseeable future, even with his flaws.

And I'm not even crazy about Clowney.

2 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

I mean he’s a good player but can you explain to me why he never got double digit sacks once playing across from JJ Watt and the LB guru Vrabel coaching him?

Just now, TitanSlim said:

I love Casey. Can't stress it enough.

But I thought it was obvious that Clowney>Casey now and for the forseeable future, even with his flaws.

And I'm not even crazy about Clowney.

I love Casey as well, dude has been a real pro his whole career, and I did think he still has some left in the tank, but not for a full season. It was evident he turned it on in the playoffs, and he was big in the situations where we absolutely needed him to be, but he can’t do it every snap every game anymore. He will definitely be missed in the locker room and as a leader, but if we get Clowney this team gets scary. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Airness McNairness said:

yeah he's overrated if he has to be the guy counted on to get 15 sacks.. but he's like tannehill in the since that as long as he is one of the guys and not THE guy, he can thrive.. make clowney one of the guys with landry and simmons and beasley and watch clowney WRECK F**KIN HAVOC

He had one of the greatest defensive players of all time JJ Watt next to him and he never even got double digit sacks once....what are you talking about?

1 minute ago, dtait93 said:

I mean he’s a good player but can you explain to me why he never got double digit sacks once playing across from JJ Watt and the LB guru Vrabel coaching him?

People are far too worried about raw sack totals. The guy puts a lot of pressure on offensive linemen. 

5 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

valid point, and i dont have an answer. but i will challenge you to watch him wrek havoc last year when he played for seattle.. i think it was a game against philly or green bay and they dude was unstoppable. against the run and pass. it was amazing to watch.. i dont know his stats from that game but even if he had sacks, it wasnt just about his pass rush, he literally changed the game for all the disruption he was causing... put it this way..... if this team had clowney in the AFC championship game this past year, we might've gone to the superbowl.. 

Edited by Airness McNairness

Just now, Airness McNairness said:

valid point, and i dont have an answer. but i will challenge you to watch him wrek havoc last year when he played for seattle.. i think it was a game against philly or green bay and they dude was unstoppable. against the run and pass. it was amazing to watch.. i dont know his stats from that game but even if he had sacks, it was just about his pass rush, he literally changed the game for all the disruption he was causing... put it this way..... if this team had clowney in the AFC championship game this past year, we might've gone to the superbowl.. 

He generated 30 pressures and 3 sacks last year. Idc about 1 game tbh

10 minutes ago, Airness McNairness said:

He wasn’t the guy in Houston... so next excuse. Also if he wants to be paid 20+ mil, he better be “the guy”.

Edited by ttitansfan4life