Titans trade Jurrell Casey

KingTitan

Just now, dtait93 said:

He generated 30 pressures and 3 sacks last year. Idc about 1 game tbh

with a core muscle injury.. yes, i understand the hesitation when it comes to him but his game is more than numbers.. i get it, with him being a former number 1 pick and they hype he had coming out of college, you want him up there with the leage leaders in sacks, thats not his game tho.. he, at his best, is 80 tackles, 15-20 for loss, and 9 or more sacks.. but those numbers dont take into account what he does to cause offenses to mess up.. if he has his discipline issues in check, its worth the risk..

2 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

He generated 30 pressures and 3 sacks last year. Idc about 1 game tbh

Clowney had 48 pressures in the regular season, not 30. Added 10 more in the playoffs.

Casey as a comparison(though not sure how comparable OLBs and 3-4DL are..) had 33 in the regular season and added 9 in the playoffs.

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

Clowney had 48 pressures in the regular season, not 30. Added 10 more in the playoffs.

Casey as a comparison(though not sure how comparable OLBs and 3-4DL are..) had 33 in the regular season and added 9 in the playoffs.

No he had 48 in 2018 and 30 in 2019

This is a shocker. Really liked Casey as a player and in the community. His play isn’t at a high level anymore but just hate to see it end this way. Thanks for the memories Jurrell. I hope at least Management and Vrabel gave him a heads up. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Airness McNairness said:

with a core muscle injury.. yes, i understand the hesitation when it comes to him but his game is more than numbers.. i get it, with him being a former number 1 pick and they hype he had coming out of college, you want him up there with the leage leaders in sacks, thats not his game tho.. he, at his best, is 80 tackles, 15-20 for loss, and 9 or more sacks.. but those numbers dont take into account what he does to cause offenses to mess up.. if he has his discipline issues in check, its worth the risk..

So he’s undisciplined, comes with injury concerns, failed to generate double digit sacks even once playing next to maybe the GOAT d-lineman, and struggles to turn pressures in to sacks. But I’m glad he’s good against the run

Edit: Not to mention there have been ongoing questions about his work ethic...

Edited by dtait93

13 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

He wasn’t the guy in Houston... so next excuse. Also if he wants to be paid 20+ mil, he better be “the guy”.

exactly.. he wasnt the guy in houston and had his career year there (under vrabel by the way) you guys seem to think that just because he doesnt have 14 sacks that he wasnt effective. you could argue that Clowney's 79 tackle 15TFL 9 sack season was better than beasley's  42 tackle 15.5 sack season because he did more all around.. and no, just because you pay a guy a certain amount of money doesnt change who he is.. we paid tannehill 30 millio, does that mean he should be "the guy"  now and we should expect him to play like aaron rodgers? no.. we shouldnt.. just come in and be the best version of yourself.. what you get paid and what you are as a player are two different things.. what the market dictates you get paid wont enhance or degrade your abilities. 

Edited by Airness McNairness

3 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

So he’s undisciplined, comes with injury concerns, failed to generate double digit sacks even once playing next to maybe the GOAT d-lineman, and struggles to turn pressures in to sacks. But I’m glad he’s good against the run

Edit: Not to mention there have been ongoing questions about his work ethic...

the bright spot in all of that is that vrabel was his d coordinator during his best years there and knows him probably better than anyone.. if he signs off on it, then we should be ok with it.  

2 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Something is screwy somewhere, because while I guess there's some potential for a hurry to be subjective, they have different QB hit numbers across each year, which isn't subjective at all. Maybe just brushed aside as an error if it were a difference of 1, but PFR has Clowney with 7 more QB hits in 18 and 17 than PFF has him at.

• Like 1

Just now, TitanLegend said:

Something is screwy somewhere, because while I guess there's some potential for a hurry to be subjective, they have different QB hit numbers across each year, which isn't subjective at all. Maybe just brushed aside as an error if it were a difference of 1, but PFR has Clowney with 7 more QB hits in 18 and 17 than PFF has him at.

I would trust PFR more than I would PFF

21 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

I would trust PFR more than I would PFF

No reason for that, but ultimately it looks like it's likely a difference in how they define QB hit, as there's a piece on PFR about how they switched how far back they were adding QB hits because of how the NFL's definition of it changed.