Titans trade Jurrell Casey

KingTitan

If there's ever a place where Clowney can be at his very best it's here with Vrabel IMO. Vrabel is going to move him all around the line. He fits exactly what Vrabel wants in his defense. It's just a shame that we don't have Pees here anymore to cause some havoc with him.

So thankful for everything Casey did for us, and he can still be very disruptive in his own right, but if I had to choose between Casey and Clowney for this team at this stage in their careers I'm taking Clowney all day long.

• Like 1

Just now, rtvfl89 said:

Hey guys. Not sure how all this cap stuff works, but could this trade be to free up money for Henry, and Logan Ryan? Or are we trying to land someone big? 

The assumption is that is for someone in FA. 
The trade does little for Henry (so I read), so it doesn't really count.
Money for Ryan hasn't been written off, but also bringing back Ryan for $10 mil is quite a lot. So I doubt it's for him.

16 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

The assumption is that is for someone in FA. 
The trade does little for Henry (so I read), so it doesn't really count.
Money for Ryan hasn't been written off, but also bringing back Ryan for $10 mil is quite a lot. So I doubt it's for him.

Thanks. I know people are down on only getting a 7th, but I think it will be for the best in the long run.

13 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

This is one of my favorite Casey play's of all time even though he didn't make the tackle. A true max effort legend when he could have coasted even in the dark days. I wish we won a Super Bowl with him.

marshall.0.gif

top 5 titan of all time

HELL of a player. year in and year out

2 hours ago, 615finest said:

37.8M does not include Kelly nor Beasley.  So it's about 14-15M less than that

2 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

I swear to god if we did this to open up cap space for Henry I'm going to go find the tallest bridge and jump off of it.

Henry already counts 10M towards the cap.  I don't see any contract and structure that would push his cap hit higher than that. As far as future, Casey was a realistic candidate for a cut next year (outright or pay)... unless he rebounded in a big way.  

But this move has 0% to do with anything Henry related.  I don't even know how you make that connection, but whatever

8 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

37.8M does not include Kelly nor Beasley.  So it's about 14-15M less than that

Henry already counts 10M towards the cap.  I don't see any contract and structure that would push his cap hit higher than that. As far as future, Casey was a realistic candidate for a cut next year (outright or pay)... unless he rebounded in a big way.  

But this move has 0% to do with anything Henry related.  I don't even know how you make that connection, but whatever

King's source stating Henry was looking to get ~20 mil a year.

Just now, KingTitan said:

Was. key word. lol  

Regret sharing that now. LOL

If Henry's opinion of himself is high enough to even want 20 to begin with, I have a hard time believing he's eased up a ton off of it.

Wasn't it at the combine that Robinson pretty much straight up stated he wanted to give Henry a long term deal, and they couldn't figure one out between then and the tag deadline(And I'm sure talks started before that even)?

When Tannehill's contract was apparently iffy until just recently?

e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x

9 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

If Henry's opinion of himself is high enough to even want 20 to begin with, I have a hard time believing he's eased up a ton off of it.

Wasn't it at the combine that Robinson pretty much straight up stated he wanted to give Henry a long term deal, and they couldn't figure one out between then and the tag deadline(And I'm sure talks started before that even)?

When Tannehill's contract was apparently iffy until just recently?

e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x

That's it. No more " info soup" for you.

Image result for no soup for you gif

• Like 1

Just now, KingTitan said:

That's it. No more " info soup" for you.

Image result for no soup for you gif

giphy.gif

But being serious for a second, even if we entirely ignore the 20 million report from your source, it's obvious something is off with the Titans/Henry. REgardless of my feelings about giving an RB a big contract, Robinson and Vrabel made it very clear that it's what they wanted to do. The fact that it's not done yet almost guarantees there's some kind of hold up in the negotiation. Now that could be years, could be total money/average, could be guaranteed, whatever. But something is off, and you can't entirely rule out Casey's trade has at least something to do with paying Henry until/unless we know what that was.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

giphy.gif

But being serious for a second, even if we entirely ignore the 20 million report from your source, it's obvious something is off with the Titans/Henry. REgardless of my feelings about giving an RB a big contract, Robinson and Vrabel made it very clear that it's what they wanted to do. The fact that it's not done yet almost guarantees there's some kind of hold up in the negotiation. Now that could be years, could be total money/average, could be guaranteed, whatever. But something is off, and you can't entirely rule out Casey's trade has at least something to do with paying Henry until/unless we know what that was.

Yes. I Agree. 
Without a doubt they couldn't find a number they wanted to pay Henry, hence no deal. Or they don't have the space to pay them what they'd like or what Henry wants. 
They could want to pay Henry $14-15 million but do they have the space for that?
I personally feel the $20 milly included money combined money in the 1st year or 2.  $14 mill/6 to sign?

Casey's trade was for money as we all have agreed. I can't imagine them thinking their current depth chart without Casey is ok. So I'd imagine them having a target for someone.
But I know we weren't going to sign Henry for $10 million, which would be great. He must want at least $13 per