Trade Alert!

Lionized

Its becoming comical.  It may be a solid move but it really looks like Quinn doesnt know what he is doing and just asks his old buddies in NE who he should sign or who might be helpful and they sell him on all of their leftovers.  Have we traded with anyone other than NE since he has been here?

Just now, Sllim Pickens said:

Its becoming comical.  It may be a solid move but it really looks like Quinn doesnt know what he is doing and just asks his old buddies in NE who he should sign or who might be helpful and they sell him on all of their leftovers.  Have we traded with anyone other than NE since he has been here?

Have there been many other teams that run a similar scheme/system who would have players available as 'plug-and-play' at minimal cost?

No. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Have there been many other teams that run a similar scheme/system who would have players available as 'plug-and-play' at minimal cost?

No. 

New England excels at finding players in other schemes that fit theirs, and they trade pebbles for them and get back large rewards (ie Van Noy).  We do the opposite and sign the guys they dont want and dont think are worth the money.  Be creative and find the 1st round bust that fits this system better for cheap.  Find the undersized DE struggling in a traditional 4-3 and put him in Kennards spot.  Show that you actually scout the league aside from NE. 

3 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

No. 

It shows a total lack of the coaches ability to scheme quality players to their strengths. 

As for players available neither you, I or any fan is privy to that information.

• Like 1

Just now, Sllim Pickens said:

New England excels at finding players in other schemes that fit theirs, and they trade pebbles for them and get back large rewards (ie Van Noy).  We do the opposite and sign the guys they dont want and dont think are worth the money.  Be creative and find the 1st round bust that fits this system better for cheap.  Find the undersized DE struggling in a traditional 4-3 and put him in Kennards spot.  Show that you actually scout the league aside from NE. 

It’s unfortunate the management and coaches don’t seem to be able to scheme to player strengths. Preferring instead to add players specific to the scheme.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, diehardlionfan said:

It shows a total lack of the coaches ability to scheme quality players to their strengths. 

As for players available neither you, I or any fan is privy to that information.

Correct.  NE signs Danny Shelton to a small contract, then he does well and we sign him to a bigger one.  NE signs Collins to a little contract after being cut, he succeeds again in their system and then is overpriced so they let him go and we pay him the bigger money.  Go find the Collins/Shelton that fit your system prior to getting the bigger money.  Thats how you build a winner.  Have to get the value signings not the guys you overpay after one or two good years. 

2 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Correct.  NE signs Danny Shelton to a small contract, then he does well and we sign him to a bigger one.  NE signs Collins to a little contract after being cut, he succeeds again in their system and then is overpriced so they let him go and we pay him the bigger money.  Go find the Collins/Shelton that fit your system prior to getting the bigger money.  Thats how you build a winner.  Have to get the value signings not the guys you overpay after one or two good years. 

Yup.

One of my underlying concerns is the Lions will be filled with apparent scheme specific players.

Patricia and Quinn get canned and we have a roster that has to be blown up again,

Its like ground HOG day.😎

4 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Bill has built up the clout through SB rings and past success to be able to afford to miss on a couple guys and not be concerned about job security. The culture is already in place in NE. Patricia and Quinn have been trying to bring the culture and build up their own version of it in Detroit. They don't have the track record to survive and are trying to bring these guys in to speed up the process. 

• Like 1

Duron Harmon

Free Safety - 476 Snaps

Box - 129 Snaps

Tavon Wilson

Free Safety - 157

Box - 449

It's interesting to see that they're basically replacing Wilson with a guy that plays nearly the opposite position. 

Tracy Walker

Free Safety - 331 Snaps

Box - 254 Snaps

I wonder if they're looking to have Walker play more of a SS role and have Harmon play FS. 

1 hour ago, diehardlionfan said:

Yup.

One of my underlying concerns is the Lions will be filled with apparent scheme specific players.

Patricia and Quinn get canned and we have a roster that has to be blown up again,

Its like ground HOG day.😎

IF... Tony Dungy is the next hire as GM how mad you going to be about another blow up?

I don't mind a shake up, I just have to have faith in the hire running the shake up. Like... Telling me Tony Dungy is the GM of the Lions... Now all the sudden I'm really intrigued and will pay attention for 2-3 season seriously. 

Edited by SimbaWho