Panthers release S Eric Reid

RaidersAreOne

Just now, iknowcool said:

This defense LOL

Granted Reid wasn’t all that good

Reid is a guy who appears to be competent - good when the defense around him is good, bad when it's not (though he was very good in SF his last year with a bad defense around him, but he played a moneybacker position that year). He's going to be a solid get for a team with a good defense that gets him on a super buy low, I think. 

• Like 1

Just now, minutemancl said:

I mean, he probably got cut because he is a good player and the Panthers need bad players if they are going to be in a position to draft Lawrence next year.

Or maybe he was cut because he was a bad player last year and the Panthers are trying to do something crazy like win games. 

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/eric-reid/7799

• Like 2

Reid is the one of the worst people in the NFL.

No one should touch this toxic turd.

• Cheap shot artist
    • Reid being in the league is a player safety issue
  • Activist with only 1 issue - getting his buddy in the league
  • whiner about drug testing
    • liar about how often he was drug tested

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Reid is a guy who appears to be competent - good when the defense around him is good, bad when it's not (though he was very good in SF his last year with a bad defense around him, but he played a moneybacker position that year). He's going to be a solid get for a team with a good defense that gets him on a super buy low, I think. 

I wonder how he would do in Minnesota playing along side Harrison Smith?  He might be someone to consider if we trade Anthony Harris.