Jags trade Foles to Bears for 4th round pick

pwny

1 minute ago, sammymvpknight said:

He was actually very good downfield. His biggest problem were fumbles...which is probably a combination of him trying to make plays out of the pocket and a really bad OL last year. The Jags still have work to do upfront. If somehow he gets better blocking up front...he can be a very solid QB.

I'm assuming he means it's not always pretty, but ultimately I don't care when he has the touch/anticipation he has. There's plenty to work with here...I hope he has a big off-season.

As far as help, I gotta imagine we sign Ebron/Eifert and nab potentially Becton/Wirfs in the draft at 9 and an interior OL in the mid rounds. Deep WR draft too thankfully.

1 minute ago, sammymvpknight said:

He was actually very good downfield. His biggest problem were fumbles...which is probably a combination of him trying to make plays out of the pocket and a really bad OL last year. The Jags still have work to do upfront. If somehow he gets better blocking up front...he can be a very solid QB.

I dont disagree, but in my mind, based on what I was watching, it was his vision and anticipation that won downfield, the quality of the actual pass looked weak and clumsy at times. Its odd, because as you say, his results were quite effective but I dont think its down to throwing motion, spirals or arm strength. He looks like a guy who would struggle in 2 min drives, when power and quality throws are required downfield,  on outs and come backs etc.

1 minute ago, GordyTheGoffer said:

I dont disagree, but in my mind, based on what I was watching, it was his vision and anticipation that won downfield, the quality of the actual pass looked weak and clumsy at times. Its odd, because as you say, his results were quite effective but I dont think its down to throwing motion, spirals or arm strength. He looks like a guy who would struggle in 2 min drives, when power and quality throws are required downfield,  on outs and come backs etc.

Pop in the tape of the last two minutes against the Broncos. When he was on one leg basically.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, seriously27 said:

How could you not root for this guy? I don't want the Jags to ever do better than the colts but I would root for him in any other game. It's like a movie casting director created a QB. 

He's our Shane Falco.

• Like 4

On 3/18/2020 at 12:35 PM, SteelKing728 said:

Trubisky is done. It'll be a "competition" until Trubisky has to actually throw the ball.

Look, I’m not saying Trubisky is great, but I wish people would acknowledge:

A- he was hurt last year.

and

B- he picked up his game down the stretch (14 TDs/8 TO/260 ypg/63%comp/5-3 in his last 8 starts).

26 minutes ago, frenchie said:

and

B- he picked up his game down the stretch (14 TDs/8 TO/260 ypg/63%comp/5-3 in his last 8 starts).

To be fair, 6 of his 12 passing TDs and 1 of his 8 turnovers came against a historically bad Detroit defense that made everyone's bottom line look better. Take out those two games and look at the other six and he looks a lot different.

6 passing TD / 2 rushing TD
7 turnovers (6 INT, 1 lost fumble)
235 passing ypg
60% comp
3-3 record

You could also add that two of his three best ypa games were against Detroit. He averaged 6.1 ypa for the season which ranked him last (#32) amongst starting QBs. Over the final 8 game stretch you cited, he averaged 6.4 ypa which would have moved him ahead of Mason Rudolph for 31st. Taking the two Detroit games out, he drops to 5.9 for that stretch run.

If Mitch can figure out a way to play Patricia more than twice a season, he'd be a pretty good QB.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, frenchie said:

and

This is bad analysis.

Most of his solid play came in 2 games against the Lions. They were a horrific defense after trading away Quandre Diggs.

• 6 TDs and 1 pick in those 2 games
  • 6 TDs and 6 picks in the other 6 games.
  • 2-0 vs Detroit
  • 3-3 in the other games
    • He led them to 3, 7, 13, and 19 points in 4 of those 6 games.

He did have 1 good game against Dallas.