Jags trade Foles to Bears for 4th round pick

pwny

37 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

You think that 34 games is a fluke but I can't call 5 games a fluke. Do you have the sad feelings?

I get that you are a Foles expert after watching Foles throw 8 real passes before a collarbone injury and then watching him play like Minshew for 2 1/2 games after the collarbone injury.

Your pathetic premise above has been completely debunked.

Chip Kelly was given control (like BOB, I think ET can relate) and he made a series of idiotic moves

• LeSean McCoy for Kiko Alanso
  • Cutting DJ
  • Foles and a 2nd for Bradford and his contract  (possibly the worst trade in my 40+ years as an Eagles fan)
    • Not because Foles is Joe Montana but because he is/was better than Bradford and it also cost a pick and it also ate salary cap

This somehow strengthens your argument to you?  really?

Jeff Fisher was fired following the season he cut Foles. He cut him because he got the #1 pick and took Goff. Keenum was also much cheaper.

• We can dig into the specifics of Foels 8 playoff teams in 11 games vs Keenum facing 2 in 5 but that takes a willingness to have an open mind which you don't
  • I could also point to the 3 apples to apples division games and how each QB played, but its probably beyond you.

Fisher made the right decision to cut Foles and his salary to keep a cheaper vet to start a few games before throwing the #1 pick to the wolves.

The Rams and the Giants tossed Kurt Warner out like trash. Is he no longer a HoF QB because of this?

Is Fisher on the level of Coughlin? 

(trick question as we know jag fans look at guys who won SBs elsewhere and then hate them for not winning one in Jacksonville.)

If Foles was Keenum or Flacco, or Rivers, or Brees, or Dak wanting 35 million on your team and Minshew was dirt cheap would you rather keep that QB and stay in cap trouble or learn about the exciting young kid with some flair who will be entertaining even if you go 6-10 and set yourself up for the future?

Does it have to be that Shad Khan hates Nick Foles and is also godlike in his QB understanding (that would make last year very strange)

Or could this just be the best move for everyone without it having to be a death sentence for Nick Foles career?

I am done talking about how he left KC and Philly. Its all out there and its obvious. Get a clue or shut up about it.

Your disgusting hatred of a player who took a beating for your team is pathetic.

On 3/18/2020 at 12:38 PM, .Buzz said:

I think Foles can do some good things in CHI if they are able to get solid protection up front (TBD).

ARob, Burton, etc. to throw to. 

I hope it works out.

Such a disgusting hatred I have for Nick...you're right.

Edit: Not going to continue to go back and forth. You've been doing that for several pages. You can allow people to have their own opinion on a player though fwiw. If Foles is as good as you're saying, he'll ball out in Chicago.

• Like 1

On 3/29/2020 at 9:13 AM, .Buzz said:

Never said that.

But last year, he went 6-6 (way better than any other rookie), led rookies in Y/A, QB Rating, and TD/INT ratio. 

As far as being "the guy", I think it's more likely that he's a very good backup/fringe starter, but to label a guy after one season is pretty ridiculous. Especially given his horrendous supporting cast and an OL that was part of the reason Foles got benched as he was basically a statue back there and that wouldn't cut it.

I believe ROOKIE Drew Lock went 4-1 (.800), I'd say that's better that's 6-6 (.500) 

5 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

I believe ROOKIE Drew Lock went 4-1 (.800), I'd say that's better that's 6-6 (.500) 

Good point, should've said the most wins.

It's very unlikely he would've kept at that pace. 5 games is a pretty small sample size, but you're right.

Did you watch every one of his playoff games? They are free now on Game Pass.

Did you watch the 2013 season?

The 2014 Season before his injury  (pay close attention to how bad the offense was including him until he started running for his life in the 2nd half)

He had to run for his life the rest of his season.

Sanchez decided not to run for his life and he got sacked more, went 4-4 and the Eagles missed the playoffs.

Year by Year:

• He acquitted himself well on a demolished team that got Reid fired in 2012.
  • He was better than Vick on the 2013 Eagles.
  • He was better than Sanchez on the 2014 Eagles.
    • There are some interesting games in there.
  • His comparison to Keenum in 2015 is complicated, and he was AWFUL in Green Bay and in Cincy for sure (maybe Pittsburgh too)
    • In the round robin 3 games each vs the same division teams, Foles was superior.
  • In 2016 he was asked to play 2 games and he won them both.
  • In 2017 he saved the season and won the Super Bowl  (this is important, right?)
  • In 2018 he took over a 6-7 team in must win mode and he won 3 playoff level regular season games, another playoff game, and was driving to win yet another playoff game
  • In 2019 he threw a beautiful TD pass to an emerging WR in Chark and he got DESTROYED by Chris Jones.
    • When he came back after a collarbone injury he struggled like Rodgers 2013 and 2017 and Romo 2014
      • His production was close to identical between him and Minshew from the Texans game through the Chargers game when they played the same number of quarters.
        • This had lots to do with the injury and lots to do with minshew learning and a ton to do with the Jags being pretty awful at that point.
        • They gave up 200+ on the ground 3 games in a row,  (1 Minshew, 2 Foles)

For some reason he is not allowed to have bad games unlike every other QB except maybe Brady  (Brady gets crushed whenever he is not perfect, he must be done now!)

• Foles was freakin bad vs Tampa in 2019 and he should have gotten benched.
    • I'm pretty sure I said to bench him in the gameday thread because it was needed for that team and their future.
  • He played like he was concussed vs Dallas in 2013 
    • And then he was out a week with a concussion
  • He had a very bad game against the 2014 Harbaugh D in SF which was coming together
  • He was terrible in Green Bay, in Cincy, vs Pittsburgh and maybe once more for that trash 2015 We are Moving Rams team.
  • He had an ugly preseason game against the Patriots.
  • He had a very bad day in a week 17 scrimmage against the Cowboys.
    • Tory Smith dropped a ball in his hands with lots of room to run
    • Ertz fell down on a route
    • He only threw like 8 passes in a fake game.., who cares?
  • He got destroyed in DC in his first career start on that 4-12 Eagles team.

We are talking about 8 bad games out of 53 regular season games.

• He's got 8 starts with a rating above 120 (9 games if you count the 22 passes against Indy when Alex Smith got hurt)
  • Hes got 17 starts above 100 rating (19 games if you also count the 25 passes vs NY after Vick got hurt)
  • 4 of his 6 playoff games were above 100 rating.
    • His career playoff rating is 98.8 but he's got 2 Alshon picks that hit him in the shoulder and the hands. (plus that awful Cooper drop)
    • He's also scored on a TD run and a TD catch in those 6 playoff games.
  • His play in the 2013 season was nothing short of greatness. (on a team that was 1-4 without him)
  • His play in the 2017 playoffs was top 20 all-time playoff greatness.  (including the Atlanta game in a driving wind where his 100.1 rating was 14 points higher than Matt Ryan)
  • 2017 regular season is insanely overblown
  • He had a 4 TD game against the Giants.
  • He had a messy game in the cold on Christmas night in Philly (59.4 rating)
    • Is Derek Carr a good QB,, and an NFL starter? He had a 48.1 rating in the same conditions.
      • I am sensing a theme that cold weather games in Philly can be tough.
  • His play against 4 playoff teams in 5 weeks in 2018 after taking over a 6-7 Eagles team was inspiring.
    • Not perfect in Chicago or New Orleans, but good enough to win.

If a guy put together highlights in college like Foles did in the pros, he would be a top 5 pick in the draft.

You don't have to trust me on any of it. Watch the film.  

If you can't be bothered than embrace your ignorance and get off his back.

• Like 1

Nick Foles is Skippy confirmed. 

(failed to even realized that Rodgers came back from injury too soon and he (and the team) knew that and only did so because their season was on the line and a 50% Rodgers gave them a better chance to stay in playoff contention than a 100% Brett Hundley did. But as usual, only raw numbers that fit Skippy's agenda matter --- unless they don't....then they need context. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I'm convinced he won't give it up until the rest of world agrees with him that Foles is the greatest of all-time. 

Well someone has to be the Ying to the Yangs who adamantly believe Nick Foles Sucks! Godforbid there is actually a middle ground "between" the Two extremes? Just saying!🍺

4 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Well someone has to be the Ying to the Yangs who adamantly believe Nick Foles Sucks! Godforbid there is actually a middle ground "between" the Two extremes? Just saying!🍺

He is MUCH closer to one extreme than the other. Foles is a solid career backup. Nothing more.

18 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:
25 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

He is MUCH closer to one extreme than the other. Foles is a solid career backup. Nothing more.

Depends on what your definition of a Career Backup is? 

Walking definition: Matt Barkley 

Capable of winning a SB MVP: Nick Foles

You are correct though, He is closer to the latter extreme. Not what you meant I know but obviously there's a massive difference!

10 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Good point, should've said the most wins.

It's very unlikely he would've kept at that pace. 5 games is a pretty small sample size, but you're right.

Very ignorant to say as nobody knows what he/the team would have done but if you need to say that to prove a point, I get it. 

2 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

Very ignorant to say as nobody knows what he/the team would have done but if you need to say that to prove a point, I get it. 

Ignorant to assume a rookie doesn't continue at an .800 win rate.

Sure, ok.

4 hours ago, Cutler06 said:

He literally said you’re right. Why are you looking for a fight?

• Like 1