Jags trade Foles to Bears for 4th round pick

pwny

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I haven’t seen a single mock draft with the Jags taking a QB at 9. Obviously Minshew performed well, but in many eyes, he’s a fringe starter/high quality backup. Do you guys think they could target Herbert or Love at 9?

Nah.

I think they will load up on offense in the Draft. If Minshew fails, new QB will be put in a pretty decent situation.

4 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Jags got like twelve picks now. I can definitely see us moving up. Okudah maybe?

I like Okudah alot but we have a ton of holes. We're rebuilding, let's take it 1 step at a time. CB is certainly a need maybe even our biggest but unless the cost isn't that much and to move up from 9 to like 5 might simply cost more than we wanna spend. OL, TE DT, LB all need love too plus another pass rusher with Yannick gone

3 hours ago, SkippyX said:

I am so happy for Foles now!

Jacksonville was a terrible fit for him. Not on him, not on them, just a bad combo.

Now they get to see what Minshew will be and Foles gets a chance to play in Chicago.

Great deal for the Bears since he's fairly cheap without the dead cap money

I'm happy for him too. I really liked him, seemed like a great guy, someone that you just gotta love. Then he got hurt which sucked hard for him and the organization and football life happened. He lost his job and we couldn't afford to keep him. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Extra 1st next year too? 

Nice!

But if the organization is going all in on Minshew, as @.Buzz suggested, you’d think they would use those 12 picks to move up/get him as many surrounding pieces as possible this year, no?

All in I think would mean they wont use a 1st or 2nd on a QB in the draft. Not all-in like we're making a playoff run

39 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I haven’t seen a single mock draft with the Jags taking a QB at 9. Obviously Minshew performed well, but in many eyes, he’s a fringe starter/high quality backup. Do you guys think they could target Herbert or Love at 9?

Caldwell absolutely should not be allowed to spend a single resource on a QB to start or challenge for a starting position. He drafted Bortles, and he had a say (though not the final say) in re-signing Bortles and signing Foles. He drafted Minshew too. He shouldn’t be allowed another option.

Let him live and die by who he believes is the best of the three QBs he’s brought in. Don’t let him waste any more money or draft picks on QBs. He’s had his chances to find a guy, and Minshew should be his literal last chance. 

3 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

Foles was coming off one of the best playoff stretches in back to back years with Philly and you were lukewarm? How was he not a fit in JAX after playing just one season, where he missed 10 games?

Did the offensive philosophy change with the rise of Minshew?

For me it had everything to do with what Philly had that we didn't. At the time, Philly's weapons were better than our and their OL was FAR better. Foles is a bit of a statue and I didn't think he would do all that well. I was happy it was basically a 2 year deal but didn't think he'd flame out this hard although I think alot of it was horrible luck for him

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

I think if the right guy falls to 9 maybe but that wont happen. More desperate teams would trade up if one of the big names fell

5 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Better than Mitch 

I doubt it but time will tell.

IMO it's funny how many have already given up on a guy who showed such promise in his rookie year and touting a guy who has been at least as erratic and doesn't have the excuse of being a rookie, to say the least.  Jags cut their losses, Bears get a low-risk/hopeful ceiling guy to if nothing else light a fire under Tribusky. Win/win.

Not to poke fun at the Bears, but man does our QB situation make me feel good compared to this. I’ll take both Carr/Mariota over both Mitch/Foles. 

However, I do think the Bears have a better chance with Mitch than Foles. Foles is what he is at this point. I’ve never seen him as a starter. He’s the highest quality backup you can get. Yes, he turned on the juice in the playoffs twice, with a great Eagle team. He’s the best “fill in” starter you can ask for. 

If I’m a Bears fan, I’m hoping Foles can keep Mitch on his toes. Make him better by being in his shadow, hovering over him. Some guys perform better with this type of pressure-motivation. Mitch doesn’t need to be otherworldly. He just needs be a solid Middle of the Pack QB and score some points, and let the defense do it’s job. It’s a great defense. 

12 minutes ago, GordyTheGoffer said:

Minshew has great anticipation but his down the field throws look terrible.

He was actually very good downfield. His biggest problem were fumbles...which is probably a combination of him trying to make plays out of the pocket and a really bad OL last year. The Jags still have work to do upfront. If somehow he gets better blocking up front...he can be a very solid QB.

• Like 1