Bears to trade 4th Round Pick to Jaguars for Nick Foles

RJ_11

2 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

They weren't going to trade him for nothing. That's just the reality of the whole situation. They're eating a lot of money. They needed the pick. 

They are saving 3.5 million this years and 21 million over the life of the contract.

That 18 was a sunk cost.

We did them a financial favor.

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

They are saving 3.5 million this years and 21 million over the life of the contract.

That 18 was a sunk cost.

We did them a financial favor.

Yes. 

I understand that.

In exchange for Foles. That's why the deal actually went down. 

Foles is a valuable commodity, whether you want to acknowledge that, or not.

That's all there is to it. 

Just now, Heinz D. said:

Yes. 

I understand that.

In exchange for Foles. That's why the deal actually went down. 

Foles is a valuable commodity, whether you want to acknowledge that, or not.

That's all there is to it. 

I think he was less valuable than we paid. Who else was lining up for him and that contract?

12 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Financially you did the Jags a favor.

Not sure you needed to sweeten the pot with a decent draft pick.

Bears only agreed to to trade a 4th if Foles restructured his contract so essentially that in itself was well worth a 4th.  I'm not sure Foles would have agreed to do that for any other situation.

3 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I think he was less valuable than we paid. Who else was lining up for him and that contract?

This entire Bears offseason feels like we are bidding against ourselves. We bid against ourselves for Trubisky! This isnt even meant to be a smart a## comment but basically Paces thing is bidding against himself. Pretty simple

32 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Bears only agreed to to trade a 4th if Foles restructured his contract so essentially that in itself was well worth a 4th.  I'm not sure Foles would have agreed to do that for any other situation.

That gives the Bears more leverage not less.

If Foles says he only want to go to Chicago I will only re do the deal for Chicago, then we should have given them a 7, they had no other options.

We didn’t give the 4th round pick to Foles. The Jags didn’t eat any of the money.

Edited by WindyCity

The truth is that Pace is likely fired.

He has put his career in the hands of either Mitch or Foles, I don’t see either of those ending well. Especially with no tangible talent upgrades to the offense.

Pace needs Foles or Trubisky to take a step next season or this QB thing will be ugly.

8 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

The truth is that Pace is likely fired.

He has put his career in the hands of either Mitch or Foles, I don’t see either of those ending well. Especially with no tangible talent upgrades to the offense.

Pace needs Foles or Trubisky to take a step next season or this QB thing will be ugly.

This is probably Pace and Nagy’s last stand 

48 minutes ago, MonserinNC said:

This entire Bears offseason feels like we are bidding against ourselves. We bid against ourselves for Trubisky! This isnt even meant to be a smart a## comment but basically Paces thing is bidding against himself. Pretty simple

That isn't true. It's been consistently reported that many teams had a good offer to move up to 2. The Bears' offer was best.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

That isn't true. It's been consistently reported that many teams had a good offer to move up to 2. The Bears' offer was best.

It’s funny how often this still has to be explained 

• Like 2