Bears to trade 4th Round Pick to Jaguars for Nick Foles

RJ_11

I do not understand this negativity about Foles. How can you NOT like adding Foles. Do you not remember how he sliced up our  D under immense playoff pressure, or his other PO performances. Foles will force the best out of Mitch AND is fully capable of starting fulltime should MT fail. 

LOVE THIS TRADE ! no brainer !!

Edited by SLCbear
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

There's nothing wrong with people showing their anger towards something they dislike just because you may not like it or agree it. Telling people they should smell the roses all the time is not the way to go about it either. 

This is sports. We are fans. Fans complain all the time. This is not a new thing. We are not going to agree with everything....that's just how it has always been and how it will always be. Now, are there limits to this (which is different from one person to another) yes (*ahem--i'll leave out names*) but that's what the ignore is for.

This is nothing personnel soulman, I like you. I really do. Your seem level headed and come across as a good man. But you can't expect everyone to share your same views and outlook. If that were the case and everyone on this forum agreed on everything then it would be pretty boring. 

It's not just my outlook brother it's all about accepting reality and too few around here seem willing to do that as opposed to throwing in the towel before the bell for round one even rings.  Some aren't even conducting a balanced analysis at all.  They only see the negatives and none of the positives or even a neutral.  It's not about smelling roses it's about staring reality in the puss and winning with what ya' got.

But you hit the nail on the head.  Most are showing anger at what they disliked but few offer any other realistic alternative so in my world that's pissing and moaning just for the sake of pissing and moaning.  Some are like a woman who comes home from a shopping trip angry because the dress she loves doesn't come in her size and therefore no alternative will satisfy her.

90% of you are all about instant gratification yet less than 10% of you know the rules of FA and how the salary cap works so few can understand how that may limit what even can be done as far as team building.  It's pretty clear to me that Foles was our third choice because the rumors we approached Cincy about Dalton came out a couple of weeks ago and we did make a $60 mil offer to Teddy B before he declined.  So who was left?  What other options were available that were any better than Foles?  None I can see.

I swear that if this was a war there aren't many here I'd want to have in my foxhole.  Instead of a bayonet charge they be tying white hankies to them and walking out to surrender.  You'd think we have no chance of ever winning again with this team.  I'm 100% fact based so I have little emotion to invest in this right now.  Too much is still unknown.  So yeah, I'm gonna look at whatever positives I can find and save my critiques for later when I know for a fact what worked and what didn't.  The rest of you can do as you choose.

Edited by soulman
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, SLCbear said:

I do not understand this negativity about Foles. How can you NOT like adding Foles. Do you not remember how he sliced up our  D under immense playoff pressure, or his other PO performances. Foles will force the best out of Mitch AND is fully capable of starting fulltime should MT fail. 

LOVE THIS TRADE ! no brainer !!

Because for most of his career he has been somewhere between bad and average.

Sliced up the Bears D for 240 yards 2 TDs and 2 INTs.

Outside of his Chip Kelly year and his playoff run, take a serious look at his numbers.

Edited by WindyCity

1 hour ago, G08 said:

Of course you have a problem with bringing a Super Bowl MVP QB in as a backup. Of course.

Who said he was a backup?

I don’t have a problem with Foles, I think a 4th round pick and 21 million dollars is a bit much, considering he lost his job in Jax and the only other rumored interest was Indy who signed Rivers.

Edited by WindyCity

2 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

I have no idea. Are you saying you do?

That could very well be. Do you think Mariotta or Keenum (two other options you've put forth in your posting) would have actually been better than Foles?

Foles is a risk. For long stretches of his career he has been bad or at least below average.

Dalton was probably a safer play. More of a consistent production level.

Mariota probably would have been a more stable option as well, but obviously didn’t have the same highs as Foles.

Just so I am on the record, no problem with Foles being on the team.

The combo of the 4th round pick and the 21 million is what bothers me.

The Dolphins are a bunch of money to get a 4th round pick out of the Titans last year for Tannehill.

We gave up the 4 and took the money.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Because for most of his career he has been below average.

Sliced up the Bears D for 240 yards 2 TDs and 2 INTs.

Outside of his Chip Kelly year and his playoff run, take a serious look at his numbers.

he made every single play and throw down the stretch against an OUTSTANDING D. Foles' time in JAX went sideways very early on and Jags are a ****show organization. When games matter and pressure is on, Foles can be relied on ! 

9 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Who said he was a backup?

I don’t have a problem with Foles, I think a 4th round pick and 21 million dollars is a bit much, considering he lost his job in Jax and the only other rumored interest was Indy who signed Rivers.

I can't imagine after all the bashing you've done on Pace and Trubisky that you'd have a problem bringing a Super Bowl MVP in as a starting QB... I guess I shouldn't have assumed backup xD

Just now, G08 said:

I can't imagine after all the bashing you've done on Pace and Trubisky that you'd have a problem bringing a Super Bowl MVP in as a starting QB... I guess I shouldn't have assumed backup xD

He did win a Super Bowl MVP on a magical run.

You need to look at his entire resume.

1 minute ago, SLCbear said:

Jags are a ****show organization

John Jurkovic on ESPN 1000 said you can basically take Foles' season in JAX and throw it out the window. Said that franchise and the issues they had last year was a joke.

1 minute ago, SLCbear said:

he made every single play and throw down the stretch against an OUTSTANDING D. Foles' time in JAX went sideways very early on and Jags are a ****show organization. When games matter and pressure is on, Foles can be relied on ! 

His time in LA was a trainwreck.

The regular season before the playoff run was mediocre.

Everyone needs to look at his entire body of work.

Just now, WindyCity said:

He did win a Super Bowl MVP on a magical run.

You need to look at his entire resume.

I have. He's our Alex Smith, but with better numbers and playoff skins on the wall in this system.

• Like 1

Just now, WindyCity said:

His time in LA was a trainwreck.

The regular season before the playoff run was mediocre.

Everyone needs to look at his entire body of work.

And you need to look at what this is moving forward:

1. 2020 hedge to Trubisky

2. 2021-2022 bridge to rookie QB

3. Takes over the starting job and doesn't look back

That's win/win/win in my football world.