Bears to trade 4th Round Pick to Jaguars for Nick Foles

RJ_11

4 minutes ago, SLCbear said:

does nagy even know how to run the ball against NFL defenses ??

Jordan Howard got like 2 less carries in 2018 as he did in 2016. Nagy will run the ball if he needs to. He did it against LAC (successfully, I may add) and the quarterback was still garbage. When the OL doesn't run block- or pass block for that matter- it's hard to do either thing well.

10 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Jordan Howard got like 2 less carries in 2018 as he did in 2016. Nagy will run the ball if he needs to. He did it against LAC (successfully, I may add) and the quarterback was still garbage. When the OL doesn't run block- or pass block for that matter- it's hard to do either thing well.

what I mean is nagy WILL run it but he does not run it very well. Nagys time here has been the worst rushing I have ever seen from a Bears team. Last years OLine dysfunction was baffling. Coaching there was putrid !!! or maybe it all starts with nagy not really knowing how to run the ball vs NFL defenses in the first place !

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SLCbear said:

... we have OLine talent and can add plenty more via draft, but talent there is not the problem

LT: average coming off bad year

LG: upside, but coming off a bad year

C: Solid

RG: horrendous

RT: average and super inconsistent

We don’t have talent, we have a bunch of average at best.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Oh how I'd love to find the time to pull your posts commending them in 2018.

You certainly "live in the now", Windy! 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, G08 said:

Oh how I'd love to find the time to pull your posts commending them in 2018.

You certainly "live in the now", Windy! 

The past is for cowards and losers (Ditka)

Massie and Leno played well in 2018, then they badly regressed to the mean in 2019. Are we suppose to ignore that? Are we suppose to close our eyes and plug our ears and pretend it is 2018.

We can only go off of what they have done

2016: average, Massie below

2017: average

2018: Good

2019: average

The math on this tells me they are... average.

11 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

The past is for cowards and losers (Ditka)

Massie and Leno played well in 2018, then they badly regressed to the mean in 2019. Are we suppose to ignore that? Are we suppose to close our eyes and plug our ears and pretend it is 2018.

We can only go off of what they have done

2016: average, Massie below

2017: average

2018: Good

2019: average

The math on this tells me they are... average.

If they are average in talent, why did they block so poorly? We were 28-30th in YPC last year. The talent should have us around the 17th to 20th YPC. Coaching was a big problem last year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

LT: above average coming off bad year

LG: probowler coming off bad year

C: probowl-lite as Rookie coming off bad year

RG: coming off a bad year, will lilely draft very early

RT: solid above average coming off a bad year

Primary Backup:  Coward extremely versatile lots of potential, coming off a bad year

Whats common denominator here ? How can every single spot be coming off of a bad year ?? 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, soulman said:

Let's face facts.  We asked the head cheerleader and all of the cheerleaders we knew to be our date for the prom and they all turned us down so we ended up with "Good Ol' Sally" whose a bit of a tom boy and whom we've known since we went to kindergarten together. Plus our parents are best friends and our Dad's play golf together every Saturday.  We like Sally.  She's not exactly homely but she's no model either.  But she's smart, she can dance, and given the rest we're sure as hell not gettin' laid on prom night.....but at least we're going to the prom with a date and that saves us some embarrassment.  Foles is that good ol' Sally compromise date we ended up with and he may actually surprise us.  He's not Tom Brady but he's not exactly Mike Glennon either. I mean the guy was won a Super Bowl too ya' know.

"Good Ol' Sally", eh?

I agree with your position, but wow...weird analogy. :D

10 hours ago, soulman said:

Maybe that's what disturbs me the most.  Too many want to focus on how after returning from an injury he got replaced by a gunslinger rookie 6th round draft pick who may end up fading into obscurity once teams get more tape on him.  If Minshew becomes another Tom Brady THEN that might be meaningful but half a season or so?  Nope.  

I touched on this before. Foles was clearly brought back too early, and Minshew might be a franchise quarterback. Not that I'm saying Foles isn't, or ever will be, but--HEY--that makes things complicated for Jacksonville, no? 

Edited by Heinz D.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Pool said:

Everyone fired up for a season long QB controversy? I know I am! Can't help but feel we've all been down this road before!

This is like the Grossman/Orton controversy. Not a dynamic one but basically seeing who will hurt the team less with significant playing time. 

I do hope they get a fair shot and it isn't pre-determined who is the starter already. Neither has earned that spot yet. 

• Like 1