Bears to trade 4th Round Pick to Jaguars for Nick Foles

RJ_11

28 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I think the Bears want to play Toliver. They got him reps down the stretch last season and seem very confident in him based on their moves.

He played pretty well, from what I saw! I haven't studied his snaps , or anything complicated like that, but he seemed pretty good out there. No reason for them not to be confident, IMO.

13 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

$11 million in space? Someone call Prince Amukamara and offer him $4.5 million for the season.

I would have no problem bringing him back to compete for the starting job or ideally as a backup. 

He's relies alot on his physicality than anything else and at the age of 31(?) that's gonna diminish at the drop of a dime. We saw it last year.

Teams can't do physicals yet and I think this is why he hasn't been signed by another team yet either. 

11 hours ago, Bowler1215 said:

I wasn't a fan of this trade.  I was hoping for Mariota, maybe Winston.  Foles has played well in Philly, and played bad in other places. 

8 million a year is a steal man... plus he has experience in this system and with these coaches. Our QB coach was his QB coach when he won Super Bowl MVP. On paper, this is a grand salami

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, G08 said:

8 million a year is a steal man... plus he has experience in this system and with these coaches. Our QB coach was his QB coach when he won Super Bowl MVP. On paper, this is a grand salami

The not playing well outside of Philly is a legit concern.

They have a lot of talent on offense. 4/5 starters on the OL have been All Pro players and one is a lock HOFer.

They have super talented TEs and good WRs.

He needs a strong supporting cast to be Big **** Nick.

Just now, WindyCity said:

The not playing well outside of Philly is a legit concern.

They have a lot of talent on offense. 4/5 starters on the OL have been All Pro players and one is a lock HOFer.

They have super talented TEs and good WRs.

He needs a strong supporting cast to be Big **** Nick.

It is a legit concern, but again if you look at him as a backup QB (which is what his current contract depicts) it is a hell of a get. If he performs well, he'll kick in his escalators so it's win-win.

7 hours ago, G08 said:

It is a legit concern, but again if you look at him as a backup QB (which is what his current contract depicts) it is a hell of a get. If he performs well, he'll kick in his escalators so it's win-win.

I really doubt that he elected to reduce his guaranteed money to come to Chicago and be a backup. It feels like this is Foles' job to lose.

19 hours ago, Bowler1215 said:

I wasn't a fan of this trade.  I was hoping for Mariota, maybe Winston.  Foles has played well in Philly, and played bad in other places. 

But Mariota and Winston haven't really played that well anywhere. O.o

• Like 1

I really enjoyed this interview & thought a few of you might like it too (if you haven’t already seen it). It was posted on the Bears YouTube channel a few days ago. My brother just sent it to me & I thought it was FANTASTIC. You guys know I’ve been a fan of Mitch & will always pull for him, but Foles has the qualities we need right now, and this little interview really shows his character in a genuine way. You clearly see his humbleness, but it’s accompanied by an extremely confident & strong understanding of who he is & what he brings to the table. I have a ton of admiration for him & I think he’s a natural leader & someone who can help our team in many different ways.

I really think the best thing for the team & even for Mitch would be to have Nick be the starter from the getgo. However, I’m not convinced they’ll let Foles be the starter week 1. They still might trot MT out there to start the first game & see how it goes & have him on a short leash. But I think that’d be a mistake. Hopefully the team already knows they’re gonna have Foles start. I’d like to see him get all the 1st team reps & have everybody in sync when the season starts.

Who knows how he’ll do, but I’m very happy he’s here & I hope Mitch can learn from him, even if it means MT isn’t in Chicago next year.

Hope you enjoy the video

• Like 2

Unless something drastically changes very soon that allows off-season programs to continue there will be no competition at QB.  

It's Mitch's job to lose. Winning cures everything and Mitch will remain the starter if the team is winning. It's that's simple. If we are winning in the first half of the season there won't be a change unless Mitch regresses THAT much.

Determining how soon Foles will even see the field will be based on how the schedule plays out.

This is what the schedule looks like (not in order). If we start out 6-2, Mitch keeps his job. If we start out 5-3.....there MIGHT be talks of a change depending on how the offense is going. If we start out 4-4....the rumblings begin in full effect (depending on the offense). If we start any worse than that (and it's largely because of pass play) then Foles will start. 

Falcons = Wash
Panthers = Win
Lions = Split
Packers = Split
Vikings = Split
NO = Loss
TB = Loss
HOU = Win
INDy = Win
NYG = Win
JAC = Win
LAR = Wash
TEN = Win

6 hours ago, Trubiskytime said:

I really enjoyed this interview & thought a few of you might like it too (if you haven’t already seen it). It was posted on the Bears YouTube channel a few days ago. My brother just sent it to me & I thought it was FANTASTIC. You guys know I’ve been a fan of Mitch & will always pull for him, but Foles has the qualities we need right now, and this little interview really shows his character in a genuine way. You clearly see his humbleness, but it’s accompanied by an extremely confident & strong understanding of who he is & what he brings to the table. I have a ton of admiration for him & I think he’s a natural leader & someone who can help our team in many different ways.

I really think the best thing for the team & even for Mitch would be to have Nick be the starter from the getgo. However, I’m not convinced they’ll let Foles be the starter week 1. They still might trot MT out there to start the first game & see how it goes & have him on a short leash. But I think that’d be a mistake. Hopefully the team already knows they’re gonna have Foles start. I’d like to see him get all the 1st team reps & have everybody in sync when the season starts.

Who knows how he’ll do, but I’m very happy he’s here & I hope Mitch can learn from him, even if it means MT isn’t in Chicago next year.

Hope you enjoy the video

It's a great video and great to get some insight into who Nick Foles really is off the stat sheet.  We get far too hung up on that stuff at times and lose sight of other factors that can't be easily quantified.  Thanks for finding this and putting it up.

I

Edited by soulman
  • Like 1

On 4/7/2020 at 11:55 PM, JustAnotherFan said:

Unless something drastically changes very soon that allows off-season programs to continue there will be no competition at QB.  

It's Mitch's job to lose. Winning cures everything and Mitch will remain the starter if the team is winning. It's that's simple. If we are winning in the first half of the season there won't be a change unless Mitch regresses THAT much.

Determining how soon Foles will even see the field will be based on how the schedule plays out.

This is what the schedule looks like (not in order). If we start out 6-2, Mitch keeps his job. If we start out 5-3.....there MIGHT be talks of a change depending on how the offense is going. If we start out 4-4....the rumblings begin in full effect (depending on the offense). If we start any worse than that (and it's largely because of pass play) then Foles will start. 

Falcons = Wash
Panthers = Win
Lions = Split
Packers = Split
Vikings = Split
NO = Loss
TB = Loss
HOU = Win
INDy = Win
NYG = Win
JAC = Win
LAR = Wash
TEN = Win

I'm in agreement that this is what the situation is. But it should not be so. We won games last year with the offense (and Tru especially) being putrid. The QB that puts up the most points should be the one starting. Idgaf about draft slots, cap hits, etc. Production is all that matters when kickoff arrives, and the offseason should be directed at that. 

I just don't see where Tru has earned the job, he has had one very average and one poor season. Can the Bears win with him? With this defense yes, but that can be said about with over 30 QBs this year. Idc if we are 13-0. I'll still bench the QB if I think the reserve could do better. If the defense is the only reason we are winning and the offense is trash then we need to make adjustments on offense, including major benching. 

• Like 1