Sign in to follow this  
RJ_11

Bears to trade 4th Round Pick to Jaguars for Nick Foles

On 4/7/2020 at 11:55 PM, JustAnotherFan said:

Unless something drastically changes very soon that allows off-season programs to continue there will be no competition at QB.  

It's Mitch's job to lose. Winning cures everything and Mitch will remain the starter if the team is winning. It's that's simple. If we are winning in the first half of the season there won't be a change unless Mitch regresses THAT much.

Determining how soon Foles will even see the field will be based on how the schedule plays out.

This is what the schedule looks like (not in order). If we start out 6-2, Mitch keeps his job. If we start out 5-3.....there MIGHT be talks of a change depending on how the offense is going. If we start out 4-4....the rumblings begin in full effect (depending on the offense). If we start any worse than that (and it's largely because of pass play) then Foles will start. 

Falcons = Wash
Panthers = Win
Lions = Split
Packers = Split
Vikings = Split
NO = Loss
TB = Loss
HOU = Win
INDy = Win
NYG = Win
JAC = Win
LAR = Wash
TEN = Win

I don’t think most Bears fans and pundits want to hear that.  In their minds its Foles job now.   I think think they are ignoring crazy offseason and Pace statement that Mitch will be first in huddle.  

Whoever wins job is going to have a quick hook.  Foles Philly situation not withstanding, an in season QB carousel almost never works out well.  

Edited by dll2000

I still feel like Foles has the inside track, as based off his execution of the offense  last year-and the dialing back of it along the way-it's hard to say Mitch has command of the offense. He might have the players on his side, but pretty sure Foles has a deeper knowledge base even though he's been on different teams. Man does it suck to say that!

You're probably right on the "quick hook" for whatever QB we have out there. It's going to be a real joy to be around Bears fans this year the first time anyone throws and INT. 

Just now, dll2000 said:

I don’t think most Bears fans and pundits want to hear that.  In their minds its Foles job now.   I think think they are ignoring crazy offseason and Pace statement that Mitch will be first in huddle.  

Whoever wins job is going to have a quick hook.  Foles Philly situation not withstanding, an in season QB carousel almost never works out well.  

Counter-point: Pace says a lot of things to the media that often don't come true.

Foles gave up a lot of guaranteed money to get out of Jacksonville. It's hard to believe he did that just to come into another backup role.

On 4/7/2020 at 11:55 PM, JustAnotherFan said:

Unless something drastically changes very soon that allows off-season programs to continue there will be no competition at QB.  

It's Mitch's job to lose. Winning cures everything and Mitch will remain the starter if the team is winning. It's that's simple. If we are winning in the first half of the season there won't be a change unless Mitch regresses THAT much.

I can easily see a situation panning out where the team is winning in spite of Mitch, which leads to him getting the hook. It'll be a lot more than W-L record...

48 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

I still feel like Foles has the inside track, as based off his execution of the offense  last year-and the dialing back of it along the way-it's hard to say Mitch has command of the offense. He might have the players on his side, but pretty sure Foles has a deeper knowledge base even though he's been on different teams. Man does it suck to say that!

You're probably right on the "quick hook" for whatever QB we have out there. It's going to be a real joy to be around Bears fans this year the first time anyone throws and INT. 

I do think that they want want Mitch to have a leg up in their "competition". That being said--Mitch is going to have to improve from last year's performance to have absolutely any chance of playing close to Foles' level. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out, and how much we're told about what's going on behind the scenes.