Bears to trade 4th Round Pick to Jaguars for Nick Foles

RJ_11

13 minutes ago, G08 said:

Nagy was one of the voices in the room in Philly when Foles was drafted. He's liked him for a while.

John DeFilippo was his QB coach when the dude won Super Bowl MVP.

For a QB2, and again depending upon cost, this is a nice move.

FWIW Flip was also his OC last year when he got benched for Minshew. 

3 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

I for one do not hate this move. This guy has shown to effectively run this offense.  If the Jaguars are taking the cap hit in 2020, how does that affect us? I hate that we lost a 4th round pick, but I think the Jags were really unwilling to budge. 

With Foles, I feel good about the offense taking a step forward and being competent.  

Jags are eating $18.75m in prorated bonus over the next 3 years.

His contract with us is 3 yrs / $50m. We can cut him after this year with $12.5m dead money. 

Just now, dll2000 said:

Why?

More bodies doesn't equal usable players.

They need to get a guy or two who can actually play and play now.  Not just potential and special teamers. 

Because we can’t just assume that both those #2 picks will be guys who can contribute right away in a significant way. That’d be ideal but is far from a given. 

3 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Because we can’t just assume that both those #2 picks will be guys who can contribute right away in a significant way. That’d be ideal but is far from a given. 

I'd rather keep my higher picks and trust my board and scouting.

Lower picks should theoretically be more of a gamble.  

• Like 1

I don't know what QB could be successful with the Bears offensive line.

Spent money on a way over the hill TE, older but still great pass rusher and now spent more money on a guy who was injured and ultimately benched for 6'th round pick who flashed and then got pretty dull.

Gotta think there's going to have to be some roster maneuvering to get him and the contract in under the cap.  Then there is the dead cap for him and Graham that eats into future years.

Man.  You win in the trenches.  Invest in the o-line already.

Just now, dll2000 said:

I'd rather keep my higher picks and trust my board and scouting.

Lower picks should theoretically be more of a gamble.  

Now if you are trading out of top 10 for a plethera of goodies I am all in.

But a 2nd for a 4th and whatever.  I'm out.  

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

Spent money on a way over the hill TE, older but still great pass rusher and now spent more money on a guy who was injured and ultimately benched for 6'th round pick who flashed and then got pretty dull.

Gotta think there's going to have to be some roster maneuvering to get him and the contract in under the cap.  Then there is the dead cap for him and Graham that eats into future years.

The problem with spending money on the O line is they already have. 

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

I think there is reason to believe line isn't as bad as it looked in 2019.  

But you are generally correct, for Bears to have a chance in 2020 the O line needs to play a lot better.  A lot better. 

• Like 1