Bears to trade 4th Round Pick to Jaguars for Nick Foles

RJ_11

7 minutes ago, soulman said:

Aw come on.  Minshew could just as easily end up being a total bust once teams can watch more film on him.

Sorry brother.  Talk to me about 6th round picks becoming top line NFL starters after Minshew has taken JAX into the playoffs and a SB like Brady has.  Truth be told Foles has a far better resume than Minshew and you know that too.

Looking at the 2020 QB crop and also those FA QBs do you really believe Pace and Nagy though there was even one guy they could bring in who they could assure would give them what QBs like Dalton or Foles can?  I sure as hell don't.  That would have been depending on sheer dumb luck and if it failed fans would have been howling for Pace's *** because he DIDN"T sign a vet when he could have.

Let's stick with reality OK?

I think your misunderstanding my point here. I'm not saying Minshew is any good. I'm saying there is no reason to believe to that Pace and his scout teams could not find a QB in the later rounds who could be considered as competition for Mitch. 

Foles is not a good QB. Getting benched in favor of a 6th round pick while playing for the Jaguars says alot. Edit: Especially considering what they gave up for him and how much they paid him.

Edited by JustAnotherFan

11 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I think your misunderstanding my point here. I'm not saying Minshew is any good. I'm saying there is no reason to believe to that Pace and his scout teams could not find a QB in the later rounds who could be considered as competition for Mitch. 

Foles is not a good QB. Getting benched in favor of a 6th round pick while playing for the Jaguars says alot. Edit: Especially considering what they gave up for him and how much they paid him.

He did break his collarbone. It is not as if he out together weeks of QB incompetence.

12 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Foles was the #1 in JAX before he got injured.  He came back but couldn't get in sync so they gave Minshew his shot.  Had Foles remained in JAX there's a 50/50 chance at some point Minshew fails and Foles takes over again. 

Our best best is to ignore that completely and look at his record in Philly and KC playing for many of these same coaches in a very similar offense.  That may get us closer to the reality of what he might be capable of doing here.

As for the rest the price was the price.  We needed a vet QB and the pickin's were slim.  It either works and Mitch does become what we'd hoped.  It doesn't and Foles is even better than expected.  Or they both fail and we're in the QB market again in 2021.

Give the stated objective and our choices there wasn't much else that could be done so accept it.

I haven't commented on this forum since it was the old layout and my name was lucasbears hahah its been a long time but im excited about this move! I came to check out the reaction to the trade. I have to say I'm surprised at the negative reactions. this seems like a good move to me.... you cant really judge his play in jacksonville the jaguars suckI don't think foles has really been put in a place to succeed since his superbowl year. I predict he beats mitch trubenchsky in preseason and we make it to the playoffs barring injuries ha

6 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Oh my god

I'll take what Garafolo says with a grain of salt but this would not be a bit surprising if this the feeling right now. 

Pace loves Mitch and is not ready to give up on him until he is forced to, so that short leash is probably a lot longer than what it is being led on.