Jaguars trade QB Nick Foles to Chicago for 4th Round Pick

.Buzz

Good good.  Had to be done.  Sucks to be eating so much dead money on this, but he needed to be gone.

Seems like a good fit for the Bears too though, in that because of all the dead money we're eating...they're getting a pretty cheap QB to push Trubisky.  Should be a better fit there under Nagy...and they'll be able to let Foles do what he does best, and come in mid-season once Trubisky has dithered around for a while.  So they won't have to rely on Foles to put together an entire season of good play.

5 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Idk how he pulled that off. Good job Dave.

The one thing he's consistently done pretty well is trades.

Still shocked we got a 4th. Remember some people saying we'd need to add as high as a 2nd just to move him.

Just now, .Buzz said:

Still shocked we got a 4th. Remember some people saying we'd need to add as high as a 2nd just to move him.

I thought it was a given we would have to attach a pick with Foles.

With 12 picks, potentially more, we gotta be looking to move up in the Draft. Also wouldn’t mind trading picks in 2020 for picks in 2021. 

12 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

I thought it was a given we would have to attach a pick with Foles.

With 12 picks, potentially more, we gotta be looking to move up in the Draft. Also wouldn’t mind trading picks in 2020 for picks in 2021. 

*Okudah has entered the chat*

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I never really understood why people thought that was gonna be the case.  If we'd been talking about moving the entirety of Foles contract, sure...but we're the ones eating a boatload of dead money against the cap here.  He's fairly cheap for the acquiring team...which has always had potential value to anyone tight to the cap right now, but looking for an established vet stopgap starter type QB.

10 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

I never really understood why people thought that was gonna be the case.  If we'd been talking about moving the entirety of Foles contract, sure...but we're the ones eating a boatload of dead money against the cap here.  He's fairly cheap for the acquiring team...which has always had potential value to anyone tight to the cap right now, but looking for an established vet stopgap starter type QB.

I never thought it'd take that much either, but I definitely didn't think we'd be able to get out of it and receive this high of a pick either. The team taking him on still has to pay him 21M this year.

I liked his fit in IND behind that OL a lot more than the below average OL Chicago puts out. I watched a lot of games and that unit wasn't much if any better than ours.

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

The team taking him on still has to pay him 21M this year.

That’s not how that works Jags pay 18 sum odd mill on the contract for 20 but it falls off the books after this year.. the 3 sum odd remaining the Bears pay.. that 3 sum odd mill is the only cap relief the Jags get against the cap in 20’. It’s just good to get a pick for a blunder that shouldn’t have happened to begin with.

Edited by DuvalsKing

4 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

That’s not how that works Jags pay 18 sum odd mill on the contract for 20 but it falls off the books after this year.. the 3 sum odd remaining the Bears pay.. that 3 sum odd mill is the only cap relief the Jags get against the cap in 20’. It’s just good to get a pick for a blunder that shouldn’t have happened to begin with.

I'm saying they actually pay him 1 yr 21M at the end of the day as a $5M guarantee for next year kicks in on Sunday I believe.