Jaguars trade QB Nick Foles to Chicago for 4th Round Pick

.Buzz

42 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I'm saying they actually pay him 1 yr 21M at the end of the day as a $5M guarantee for next year kicks in on Sunday I believe.

The money owed for 2020 is 21 mill.. the Jags will pay 18.75 mill the Bears are responsible for paying the remaining 2.25 mill left on the contract for 2020.. The Bear restructured the contract on their end going forward and Foles has a clause now in his contract he can opt out of his contract in either of the first 2 yrs if he chooses. 3 yrs 50 mil. from the Bears.

Edited by DuvalsKing

9 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

The money owed for 2020 is 21 mill.. the Jags will pay 18.75 mill the Bears are responsible for paying the remaining 2.25 mill left on the contract for 2020.. The Bear restructured the contract on their end going forward and Foles has a clause now in his contract he can opt out of his contract in either of the first 2 yrs if he chooses. 3 yrs 50 mil. from the Bears.

6 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

You originally said the team taking him had to pay him 21 million 🤨.. or no? 

Yeah, 1 year $15M this year and a 5M guarantee next. Off by 1M as I previously thought it was 16M.

On 18/03/2020 at 2:32 PM, .Buzz said:

I never thought it'd take that much either, but I definitely didn't think we'd be able to get out of it and receive this high of a pick either. The team taking him on still has to pay him 21M this year.

I liked his fit in IND behind that OL a lot more than the below average OL Chicago puts out. I watched a lot of games and that unit wasn't much if any better than ours.

It's significantly less than that on the actual cap, and for cash rich teams like the Bears...that's what really matters.  That, and the fact he's super easy to just walk away from after this year if it doesn't work out.  Whereas any of the other options on the market...they'd be committing for multiple years and tying themselves to significant money onward from here.  Which is the absolute last thing the Bears would want to do.

I think it's kinda hard to get a read on the Bears OLine exactly, because of Trubisky.  I think he kinda makes them look worse than they are at times.  So there's that.  But there's also the more important factor, that i think Nagy will do a better job of putting someone like Foles in position where OLine mediocrity is better masked, with a lot of movement and tricksy gimmicks to buy an extra beat for the QB.  Scheming around a mediocre OLine better than we did in Foles brief experience here.

• Like 1