Report: Chargers not adding veteran QB; rolling with Tyrod Taylor

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Definitely gonna take a QB at 6

Well it is the smart play. Best case that Rookie developes behind Taylor for a year and is the Future. Worst case the Team sucks and they end up in the Lawrence sweepstakes in next years draft and Josh Rosen said draft pick away.

Win/Win

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Man so Cam is left with nowhere to go.

They’ll probably release him if no trade partner can be found. It’ll be interesting to see where he goes to be a starter. Can’t see Cam taking a backup role.

Edited by Tony7188

They gonna take Love which is the right qb to take. Call me crazy, but i think Love has by far the best arm talent of the entire class. Kids gonna be elite where ever he goes and fast. People will be turned off by 2019 season. But that had to do with team around him.

I was hoping theyd go Simmons at 6, Love falls and they make an aggressive play for him with some draft picks in the mid to late 1st.

We'll see. If Chargers qb doesnt turn the ball over, they would of been in the playoffs last year. Dont know what will happen in 2020, but last year.. for sure. 1 thing Tyrod is very good at, not turning the ball over and has mobility. Hes a good stop gap for a talented team not hindered by Buffalo and Cleveland weather. 

35 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Man so Cam is left with nowhere to go.

If he's healthy (big if), watch Belichick just call the Panthers' bluff and try to wait them out to where they have to release Cam because they couldn't find a trade partner.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Cheap tickets for a winter break trip.

Yeah, not happening.  Spanos indiscriminately sells season tickets to ticket resale agencies.  The average price of late season Chargers games last season, when they were en route to the #6 pick and playing in a soccer stadium, was $200/ticket... and that was resale price.

34 minutes ago, Forge said:

I could actually see Carr being a guy that the Pats like. But we'd have to see the Raiders grab someone first. They are not doing what they are doing in free agency and then turning the keys over to Mariota and burning a pick on a rookie. 

They do have Nathan Peterman, IIRC.  And we know how Gruden loves Nathan Peterman.

1 minute ago, The LBC said:

Yeah, not happening.  Spanos indiscriminately sells season tickets to ticket resale agencies.  The average price of late season Chargers games last season, when they were en route to the #6 pick and playing in a soccer stadium, was $200/ticket... and that was resale price.

We'll see... supply and demand will come into play when you have to fill 70,000 seats. 

I KNOW that tickets were very cheap on the resale market when the Ravens played in the soccer stadium late in 2018.

2 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

We'll see... supply and demand will come into play when you have to fill 70,000 seats. 

I KNOW that tickets were very cheap on the resale market when the Ravens played in the soccer stadium late in 2018.

Thing is, they don't have to fill the seats in order for Spanos to stay profitable, they just have to sell the tickets.  Which, if he keeps mainlining season ticket packages to resale agencies, they do.  You can definitely get ultra cheap tickets if you wait to buy them until like 2 or 3 days before the game because said resale agencies turn around and sell their unsold tickets to places like Groupon, but that's not a situation that most people planning trips that involve committing money to flights, hotel reservations, etc. find all that conducive.  It'd be like deciding you were going to go to a Guns n' Roses show and just hope to score tickets from a scalper.