Report: Chargers not adding veteran QB; rolling with Tyrod Taylor

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, Forge said:

New England. 

But the seats are rapidly running out, and there's Cam and Winston. 

With a choice left between Cam and Jameis, I'm feeling a lot better about that Kirk Cousins extension.

It looks like the Pats are going to be drafting a QB.   

1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

The Vikings have a ton of picks.  I wouldn't mind seeing them give up a pick for Rosen.

As bad as he looked in Miami the Chargers made a mistake not acquiring him and having him sit behind Rivers for a year abc learn the system/personnel.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BZski said:

Chargers will trade up to #3 and take Tua. It just makes too much sense. They dont have a ton of needs and they need to sell tickets. Tua sells tickets not Herbert or Jordan Love. 1st, 2nd, and 2021 2nd.

If they are making that pick based on who sells tickets, they are in for a rude awakening because none of those guys are going to solve their woes in that regard. Nobody in LA cares about the Chargers, that's the problem. It's no the players on the field. 

Makes sense for the Chargers to just roll with Tyrod if the plan is ultimately to draft a guy and move forward that way.  No point really bringing in some other vet, when Tyrod can give you games and lose enough of them to easily justify switching to the young guy whenever they look ready.

28 minutes ago, BZski said:

Chargers will trade up to #3 and take Tua. It just makes too much sense. They dont have a ton of needs and they need to sell tickets. Tua sells tickets not Herbert or Jordan Love. 1st, 2nd, and 2021 2nd.

I can't imagine the Lions would give up the third pick for two seconds with one of them being in 2021 which is essentially valued as a third at the moment. That would be highway robbery.

14 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Makes sense for the Chargers to just roll with Tyrod if the plan is ultimately to draft a guy and move forward that way.  No point really bringing in some other vet, when Tyrod can give you games and lose enough of them to easily justify switching to the young guy whenever they look ready.

Agreed. I’m surprised when teams drop a bunch of money on a stop gap knowing they’re drafting the replacement regardless.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

I can't imagine the Lions would give up the third pick for two seconds with one of them being in 2021 which is essentially valued as a third at the moment. That would be highway robbery.

Unless Chase Young is there they absolutely will. That would be what they would get at least but I feel its fair with Tua's injury concerns. Jets traded up from #6 to #3 for Darnold and got #6, and 3 2nd rd picks, so Maybe Detroit gets 1st, 2nd, and 3rd and a 2021 2nd but I doubt they would hold out for a 3rd rd pick when they can get Okudah, Simmons, or Brown at #6 who they would take at #3 anyways.

3 hours ago, theJ said:

LAC is going to draft a guy.  Don't believe for a second that they're leaving the season to Tyrod.

I mean even if they take Tua or Herbert at #6 chances are that Tyrod would start the season. Maybe Tua or Herbert would get to play later in the season.

13 minutes ago, BZski said:

Unless Chase Young is there they absolutely will. That would be what they would get at least but I feel its fair with Tua's injury concerns. Jets traded up from #6 to #3 for Darnold and got #6, and 3 2nd rd picks, so Maybe Detroit gets 1st, 2nd, and 3rd and a 2021 2nd but I doubt they would hold out for a 3rd rd pick when they can get Okudah, Simmons, or Brown at #6 who they would take at #3 anyways.

The value simply isn’t there in your first trade though. It’s just not. Moving down form third to sixth nearly guarantees you miss out on Okudah and Simmons. With Young already being gone in that scenario is an extra 2nd round pick worth missing out on what many believe are the other two elite defensive prospects?

And Tua isn’t Darnold. You can’t compare the trade values due to how much higher people view Tua than they did Darnold. Hell, the Lions could just take Tua themselves if they don’t get the offer they want. I just don’t think what you’ve spelled out is enough to move off the pick. 

4 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

The value simply isn’t there in your first trade though. It’s just not. Moving down form third to sixth nearly guarantees you miss out on Okudah and Simmons. With Young already being gone in that scenario is an extra 2nd round pick worth missing out on what many believe are the other two elite defensive prospects?

And Tua isn’t Darnold. You can’t compare the trade values due to how much higher people view Tua than they did Darnold. Hell, the Lions could just take Tua themselves if they don’t get the offer they want. I just don’t think what you’ve spelled out is enough to move off the pick. 

They would be able to get Okudah or Simmons at 6. NYG at 4 are taking an OL and Miami at 5 will take a QB.