Report: Chargers not adding veteran QB; rolling with Tyrod Taylor

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

I mean, it's been reported by people in the know that Tyrod was going to be the starter since they got Trai Turner. They're also not going to be targeting a QB in round 1. They're drafting OL and taking a QB on the second day. If the pick pans out (more likely than not it's Jalen Hurts, who fits the mold of an Anthony Lynn QB), then they have their QBOTF playing on a stacked roster. If Tyrod and the pick both fail, then they get someone like Justin Fields or Trevor Lawrence next year, with a strong supporting cast that will help them not to bust.

This is the ideal scenario IMO.

6 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

I mean, it's been reported by people in the know that Tyrod was going to be the starter since they got Trai Turner. They're also not going to be targeting a QB in round 1. They're drafting OL and taking a QB on the second day. If the pick pans out (more likely than not it's Jalen Hurts, who fits the mold of an Anthony Lynn QB), then they have their QBOTF playing on a stacked roster. If Tyrod and the pick both fail, then they get someone like Justin Fields or Trevor Lawrence next year, with a strong supporting cast that will help them not to bust.

Problem with this line of thinking is what happens if Tyrod gets the Chargers just good enough 8-8, 9-7 to take them out of the Trevor Lawrence Sweepstakes,  to far away to get Fields , Purgatory? Then what?

When you are in a position to take a FQB and you Clearly don't have one, You dont play the Wait till next year game! You take the FQB that best fits your scheme. Please explain to me how neither Tua or Herbert dont fit what Lynn wants at QB?

If anything them publically stating they will not be signing or trading for a Vet Starter suggests the opposite will occur because a Rookie QB will be drafted early to Sit and Learn behing Taylor. 

Only way they don't take 1 of the 3 IMO is if Tua's Medical was an issue and Herbert is already off the board. Then said scenario will occur.

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

Out of curiosity, where are these reports?

I've seen plenty the other way with them being enamored with Love/Herbert too.

It must be difficult to be a chargers fan. Your team made the idiotic choice to move to la,  where they are less popular than a team from Texas. Then they cut one Hof QB with the hopes of getting the goat. Both ventures failed.

That's not even including that they've been playing in a stadium that has the capacity of a golf cart.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

It must be difficult to be a chargers fan. Your team made the idiotic choice to move to la,  where they are less popular than a team from Texas. Then they cut one Hof QB with the hopes of getting the goat. Both ventures failed.

That's not even including that they've been playing in a stadium that has the capacity of a golf cart.

They have arguable the best uniforms in the league. Some really great players on defense and one of the more underrated running backs and wide receivers in the NFL. They should be a team with a huge fan base.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Out of curiosity, where are these reports?

I've seen plenty the other way with them being enamored with Love/Herbert too.

https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/1235340300563951617?s=20

https://twitter.com/ChargersHype/status/1235061047800639488?s=20

However, it's also entirely possible that the Chargers draft Herbert and Jones/Jackson/Tega Wanogho in the second. It's fair to point out that Trey Adams would be the most Chargers pick ever. At this point of the process, though, Herbert and Hurts are the two QBs that have been linked with the Chargers the most in reports, and I'm not sure that either Anthony Lynn or Tom Telesco feel hard-pressed to find a QB. I think Lynn believes in Tyrod, so he may take the value and draft either one of the four OTs or Simmons in the first and Hurts in the second. 

It's also fair to point out that teams seem to be much higher on Hurts than the general consensus from this site. The Colts, Raiders, Chargers, and Bears have all been linked to him numerous times by credible sources.

34 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/1235340300563951617?s=20

https://twitter.com/ChargersHype/status/1235061047800639488?s=20

However, it's also entirely possible that the Chargers draft Herbert and Jones/Jackson/Tega Wanogho in the second. It's fair to point out that Trey Adams would be the most Chargers pick ever. At this point of the process, though, Herbert and Hurts are the two QBs that have been linked with the Chargers the most in reports, and I'm not sure that either Anthony Lynn or Tom Telesco feel hard-pressed to find a QB. I think Lynn believes in Tyrod, so he may take the value and draft either one of the four OTs or Simmons in the first and Hurts in the second. 

It's also fair to point out that teams seem to be much higher on Hurts than the general consensus from this site. The Colts, Raiders, Chargers, and Bears have all been linked to him numerous times by credible sources.

Idk that them liking/doing background on Hurts means they dislike the top QB's or are all in on Hurts though.

If there guy is gone when they pick then they also need a backup option later. Can't roll with strictly just Tyrod.

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Idk that them liking/doing background on Hurts means they dislike the top QB's or are all in on Hurts though.

If there guy is gone when they pick then they also need a backup option later. Can't roll with strictly just Tyrod.

I didn't say they're all-in on Hurts. I even conceded that it's also fairly likely that they go with Herbert in the first and grab one of the tier-2 LTs at the top of the second round. It may even be smarter to go with Herbert in round 1 and one of the tier-2 tackles (which are generally late first round talents) than to take one of the elite tackles high in a loaded tackle class and just hope that your guy will be there at your next pick. But I still think Hurts is the pick in round 2 if he's there. If that fails, then they'll feature Tyrod Taylor with Easton Stick as the back-up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

With the Rams looking like they should take a massive step back, This was really the Chargers chance to take center stage and grab some headlines going into the new stadium. They should have offered Brady whatever it took, just to be on the front page in the NFL and in LA, Capspace, dead money be dammed

Now it looks like they'll remain 2nd fiddle in perpetuity in LA, and that's with anticipated feigning interest in the Rams as well

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Rivers never got cut.

15 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

You left out, playing in a soccer stadium and yet not being able to find anyone that can reliably kick a ball.