Week 3 GDT: Bill Polian Still Hates the Osweiler Trade & Never Tanked

Mind Character

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

If we wanted an accurate QB who completes 2/3 of his passes but doesn't go deep we had him last year.

I think he was trying to say something along the lines that it seems Hue isn't really helping/easing Kizer into the role. Our WRs cannot get any sort of separation, but, it seems like we insist on having them run routes they cannot execute even vs average defenders. I don't find it shocking that we did a lot of our damage vs the Ravens with our TEs, seeing as both DeValve and Njoku are big athletic receivers who, for the most part, seem to be able to find space and make the catch.

It seems a lot of the calls being made is Kizer relying on our subpar WRs to somehow get open and leading him to hold onto the ball too long and/or getting sacked. Kizer can definitely make the throws, but, I feel we need more rookie QB play calling. Outside of Coleman, I feel like all our big plays came from Duke and our TEs. I'd have to see how Higgins will do now that Coleman is out of the equation.

1 hour ago, Onizuka said:

I think he was trying to say something along the lines that it seems Hue isn't really helping/easing Kizer into the role. Our WRs cannot get any sort of separation, but, it seems like we insist on having them run routes they cannot execute even vs average defenders. I don't find it shocking that we did a lot of our damage vs the Ravens with our TEs, seeing as both DeValve and Njoku are big athletic receivers who, for the most part, seem to be able to find space and make the catch.

It seems a lot of the calls being made is Kizer relying on our subpar WRs to somehow get open and leading him to hold onto the ball too long and/or getting sacked. Kizer can definitely make the throws, but, I feel we need more rookie QB play calling. Outside of Coleman, I feel like all our big plays came from Duke and our TEs. I'd have to see how Higgins will do now that Coleman is out of the equation.

Agree a lot of the sacks when we get a replay from Kizer's perspective our WR are losing badly on the outside.  I don't want to relieve Kizer from some share of the blame, windows are small in the NFL, but a lot of the times I'm not sure where he could have gone with the football.

51 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Agree a lot of the sacks when we get a replay from Kizer's perspective our WR are losing badly on the outside.  I don't want to relieve Kizer from some share of the blame, windows are small in the NFL, but a lot of the times I'm not sure where he could have gone with the football.

It highlights three issues. 

We need better outlet plays, we need Crow and Seth catching more short passes. 
Kizer needs to throw the ball out of bounds. 
We need our fast WR's to play fast Coates and Louis. 

12 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

It highlights three issues. 

We need better outlet plays, we need Crow and Seth catching more short passes. 
Kizer needs to throw the ball out of bounds. 
We need our fast WR's to play fast Coates and Louis. 

Yeah, if the outside guys don't get open it isn't like that good things are going to happen after that so Kizer needs to move on. If the WR can't get open, that is no good excuse to hold onto the football for as long as Kizer does, their route is long over. Either dump it off or throw it away and then we can blame the WR for those plays but the times when Kizer has 4 or 5 seconds without pressure and takes a sack that is 100% on Kizer because there were better options even if they weren't as good as a deep route.

Getting ready for this one. Going to be a tough one on the road battle of 0-2's. Sheard is gonna bring it. Doyle is gonna get his. Hilton will probably splash. Still all good though if we can make some big plays of our own.

Offensively I see our best matchup as our TE's. First two weeks Shazier and Mosely locked down the middle of the field. In JT's press video he talked a bit about how Hue run's a deep passing game but not a long developing one with crossers.

So we'll see who is ready to step up at WR. If going after the weak link it Higgins has the best shot. 

In regards to the middle of the field though...watch out for MALIK. He's going to want to show up our FO with him and Hue being tight. 

As long as we can just stay within striking distance Kizer can work his magic at the end.

8 hours ago, matt27j said:

Getting ready for this one. Going to be a tough one on the road battle of 0-2's. Sheard is gonna bring it. Doyle is gonna get his. Hilton will probably splash. Still all good though if we can make some big plays of our own.

Offensively I see our best matchup as our TE's. First two weeks Shazier and Mosely locked down the middle of the field. In JT's press video he talked a bit about how Hue run's a deep passing game but not a long developing one with crossers.

So we'll see who is ready to step up at WR. If going after the weak link it Higgins has the best shot. 

In regards to the middle of the field though...watch out for MALIK. He's going to want to show up our FO with him and Hue being tight. 

As long as we can just stay within striking distance Kizer can work his magic at the end.

It's not like the colts offense is a juggernaut. Brissett isn't a world beater by any means, marlon Mack may not play so their RB are 120 year old frank gore and Robert turbin and their o-line isn't exactly awesome either. I am more confident in our offense being able to beat their defense than theirs beating ours

3 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I am thinking for the Jet's at the earliest...and IMO should be vs the Texans.....DIRECT draft pick help LOL

I don't care when he comes back, as long as he's healthy. There's no need to risk long term issues IMO.

Beating the Texans would be very nice.  Get a much needed win and a better draft pick.  

Archived