What should we do to fill out QB for 2020+?

MikeT14

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Oh ok, I took you saying we need 3 as we needed to draft a guy to have 3 on the 53 man roster. I don’t think we do.

Well since only, what, 47 or so are active, I think that's less of a big deal. But yes, as long as there is a 3rd QB somewhere, let's get them. 

7 minutes ago, Canuck said:

Wouldn't mind signing Flacco to a 2-year deal to be Dwayne's backup. Flacco's maturity and chill attitude could help Dwayne avoid public meltdowns like the one he had with his O-Line.

Not sure I consider Flacco to be a mature backup. He will see himself as the starter which will create problems for Haskins in his development. Flacco has also battled serious injuries the last few years.

5 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Not sure I consider Flacco to be a mature backup. He will see himself as the starter which will create problems for Haskins in his development. Flacco has also battled serious injuries the last few years.

I wouldn't be so confident in analyzing his character, but I doubt a 35 year old coming off the IR still legitimately views himself as a starter, especially after being replaced by rookie QBs the past 2 seasons. 

The guy brings a tonne of experience, and already lived in Maryland for a decade when he was playing in Baltimore. I could definitely see mutual interest in him signing a short term deal to be our new Keenum.

What about giving up basically nothing for Kyle Allen (or Will Grier)? 

What I’m looking for is a player who brings some familiarity with Scott Turner and his system. He doesn’t have much track record of being in control of things, so I just thought maybe look to Carolina — especially since they’ve brought in Teddy and probably won’t need to have two young guys behind him. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Canuck said:

I wouldn't be so confident in analyzing his character, but I doubt a 35 year old coming off the IR still legitimately views himself as a starter, especially after being replaced by rookie QBs the past 2 seasons. 

The guy brings a tonne of experience, and already lived in Maryland for a decade when he was playing in Baltimore. I could definitely see mutual interest in him signing a short term deal to be our new Keenum.

I definitely think a guy like Flacco still believes he should be starting. 

7 minutes ago, e16bball said:

What about giving up basically nothing for Kyle Allen (or Will Grier)? 

What I’m looking for is a player who brings some familiarity with Scott Turner and his system. He doesn’t have much track record of being in control of things, so I just thought maybe look to Carolina — especially since they’ve brought in Teddy and probably won’t need to have two young guys behind him. 

I'd be for doing either. It just depends on the cost. Most likely Kyle Allen is the guy they'd move bc they just spent a high draft pick on Will Grier. Allen flashed last year and definitely looked like. He could be a long term back up in the league that we could depend on

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I'd be for doing either. It just depends on the cost. Most likely Kyle Allen is the guy they'd move bc they just spent a high draft pick on Will Grier. Allen flashed last year and definitely looked like. He could be a long term back up in the league that we could depend on

My thought too. Grier is a bit of a question mark mentally, from what I recall, so maybe he’s not quite as reliable as we’d like. 

But to me, Allen would be an excellent option to put behind Haskins. Good enough to push him, probably not good enough to actually unseat him. 

• Like 1

Jameis should go take Teddy Bridgewater’s spot as the heir apparent to Brees and spend the whole year learning from how Brees/Payton do their thing. And then step into the role once Brees likely retires next year. 

Like an internship where you get an awesome job when you’re finished. And get paid millions while you’re interning. And your boss will apparently help cover up all your sexual improprieties for you

• Like 2