Rams sign Leonard Floyd

Gannon12

I called this one yesterday. I know our new DC liked him a lot when he was at the Bears and he gave him good production. It's been off since then for them, but I like the 'prove it' deal. I guess these are the types of deals we need to be sorting at the moment - no splash free agents, but guys who may have a chip on their shoulder and something to prove. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I don't get this at all? He's not going to help their pass rush at all and Floyd is a fairly mediocre player. Rams lack edge rushing big time. 

People said this before the Fowler trade. Then he helped the Rams nearly lead the NFL in sacks last year.

I love this move - and because he was cut, we'll get that 3rd round pick for Fowler's contract with ATL, as well as  picks for Brockers and Littleton.

• Like 1

I don't get this at all? He's not going to help their pass rush at all and Floyd is a fairly mediocre player. Rams lack edge rushing big time. 

Playing behind Aaron Donald tends to have an impact on people's pass rushing ability...Look at Fowler.

**Yes, I admittedly wanted the Rams to re-sign Fowler. Still upset about it. **

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

People said this before the Fowler trade. Then he helped the Rams nearly lead the NFL in sacks last year.

I love this move - and because he was cut, we'll get that 3rd round pick for Fowler's contract with ATL, as well as  picks for Brockers and Littleton.

Fowler showed more than Floyd did prior to coming to the Rams.

I mean if you love the move, then so be it! Glad you LOVE the move! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

This sounds like a case of misremembering:

Fowler - 14 sacks in 39 games

Floyd - 18.5 sacks in 54 games

Also worth noting that 11.5 of Floyds sacks came before Mack - while Fowler has only ever played with an elite DL. If you dive into it more, Floyd versus Fowler (before the Rams) skews toward Floyd pretty easily.

Floyd also wasn't asked to do the same things that Fowler was.  It's not a total apples to oranges comparison but it's like comparing sweet apples and sour apples.  The Rams aren't running the same scheme they were last season; Floyd won't be tasked with all the same things Fowler was.  And a lot of people outside (and even inside) the Rams fanbase (and probably Chicago's and Denver's) aren't aware of what scheme the Rams are going to be running; hell they probably think we're still running a straight up 3-4, much less a Phillips-Burroughs 3-4 (we're not).  Floyd's not Aldon Smith (nor will he be tasked to be), but he's quite capable of being Ahmad Brooks.

• Like 2