Raiders deal with CB Eli Apple falls through; still a FA

RaidersAreOne

Apple is the move everyone ****s on, but could end up being very slick if it works out.

Also had a very high grade vs the run (not a lot of missed tackles). Could do a lot worse on a cheap 1 year deal (I presume) for a 24 year old.

Edited by MrOaktown_56

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

Apple is the move everyone ****s on, but could end up being very slick if it works out.

I like the positive attitude. But I watch alot of him. He isnt very good. Worley is probably better. Just slow as dirt. Teams would pick on apple with saints and giants. Our pass rush better be outstanding if we starting him outside. And joyner inside. 

• Like 1

Just now, dante9876 said:

I like the positive attitude. But I watch alot of him. He isnt very good. Worley is probably better. Just slow as dirt. Teams would pick on apple with saints and giants. Our pass rush better be outstanding if we starting him outside. And joyner inside. 

He's not coming into start. I won't stick up for him like I would for Kwit, but for what the move likely is, it's low cost and low risk. There is upside. He has had stretches of good play. We are getting what we are(n't) paying for.

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

Harris likely costs 2-3x as Apple. This isn't Madden, we can't shut cap off and just sign all the highly regarded ones.

Save me the this is not madden cause no one said this is madden.

Raiders should have prioritized the singings better if this came down to money. Its that simple 

1 minute ago, dante9876 said:

I like the positive attitude. But I watch alot of him. He isnt very good. Worley is probably better. Just slow as dirt. Teams would pick on apple with saints and giants. Our pass rush better be outstanding if we starting him outside. And joyner inside

Please stop 😉

• Like 1