Raiders deal with CB Eli Apple falls through; still a FA

RaidersAreOne

36 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

That’s definitely a great draft.  It’s so good I don’t think it would happen in real life.  I see queen, Johnson, Duggar, Aiyuk all going higher, some by a moderate margins.  These simulators are fun but I think the data they enter into them is very “amateur”.  It’s be cool to see some stat guy recalibrate them.  For instance, players need a “floor” pick.  Teams ignore need when a player has significantly dropped and take Bpa.

If someone wants to take them earlier that just means someone else will drop to me.  I bet if you could get your hands on all 32 draft big boards they would be all over the place.  Problem with simulators is it is one person's perspective of rankings.  There are floors to these players draft positions.

Ruggs 19-13

Fulton 28-30

Queen 39-32

Johnson 42-43

Duggar 80-49

Aiyuk 81-63

Simpson 87-83

Dugger and Aiyuk are the 2 that really fell from their draft positions but that is what I look for.  I also try to gauge how far I can trade down and still get the player I am targeting.  All 3 top WRs fell so I knew I could keep trading back a few spots until they started going off the board and picking up mid round picks in the process.  Eventually using those mid round picks to move up.  The 3 original picks I kept where positions that players fell the most.  I had decided to use a wait and see with those picks.  The simulator will sometimes have someone trade up in front of you for a player also.  PFN's simulator is definitely the best.