The NOT Too Early 2018 NFL Draft Thread

turtle28

I’ve thought about what the team will do in the post Kirk era and believe the highest probability is:

- colt starts 18. We don’t sign a big money free agent quartervack

- we will draft a QB first, but it’s not Allen or Mayfield. It will be Mason Rudolph. He is the perfect Gruden system qb  He’s smart, tall, pocket qb, can make all types of throws, has no question marks in his character, and is very accurate with a low interceptions. 

You might even be able to trade back a few picks and still get him if teams take chances on Mayfield and Jackson in the top 12 picks. I’d be comfortable taking him at 13.

Hes not a day 1 starter but having Colt will give him a chance to develop and play either next year or if Colt gets hurt.

we won’t go to the playoffs with Colt or Mason at qb next year but I think he can be a quality Andy Dalton type guy that you can win with if you have a excellent defense and quality run game. 

On 12/2/2017 at 3:47 PM, SeanTayorsaPIMP said:

This WR for Memphis Anthony Miller is looking like freakin Antonio Brown out there today against UCF. Sneaky great game between a 10-1 team (MEM) and 11-0 team (UCF)

I absolutely love Anthony Miller. I think he is better than Ridley. 

On 1/14/2018 at 6:33 PM, lavar703 said:

If we end up with Kerryon Johnson and Payne I'd be on cloud nine. I like Vea a lot but I'd rather have Payne. 

Kerryon Johnson is not one of the top 10 backs in this draft and I dont see what you see. Sony Michel would be my ideal, but I also like Rahsaad Penny. 

7 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I’m with you on Michel or Penny. The receiver I Love is Simmie Cobbs. Watch the Ohio State game this past season. He has great size at 6’4” 220 and catches just about everything. 

I like Cobbs, but my favorite guy right now aside from Miller is Allan Lazard, Iowa State. 6'5 220 and knows how to use it. 

7 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I’m with you on Michel or Penny. The receiver I Love is Simmie Cobbs. Watch the Ohio State game this past season. He has great size at 6’4” 220 and catches just about everything. 

I like Cobbs, but my favorite guy right now aside from Miller is Allan Lazard, Iowa State. 6'5 220 and knows how to use it. 

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

That's a little absurd but okay. 

Drafttek has him at 253 overall. 

CBS Sports has him 8th in RB's. 

Ourlads has him as 7 RB. 

I believe that he may rise and fall considering a lot of his production came from the Wildcat offense. Watching video, he is not a bad back. There are flaws much like anyone else, but for starters:

The Good:

He has good flexibility from the waist down. 

Tall lanky runner. 

Good vision. 

Waits for the holes to open. 

Avoids huge contact - heavy hits.

Tough. 

Great blocker and picks up the blitz well. 

The Not So Good:

Runs high - high center of gravity 

Won't push many piles in the NFL because of running style. 

Doesn't always fall forward - no leg drive to gain on extra yards

NFL Tacklers will target lower body and that may lead to tough going 

Not a lot of punch in lowering the shoulder. 

More patient than assertive attacking the holes - late explosion through them

Prone to fumbles - doesn't carry ball tight to his body

Injury Risk - more than minimal

A lot of production for the Wildcat which may not bode well for teams looking for a pro offense runner. 

Comparison: 

Darren McFadden

11 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

I’ve thought about what the team will do in the post Kirk era and believe the highest probability is:

- colt starts 18. We don’t sign a big money free agent quartervack

- we will draft a QB first, but it’s not Allen or Mayfield. It will be Mason Rudolph. He is the perfect Gruden system qb  He’s smart, tall, pocket qb, can make all types of throws, has no question marks in his character, and is very accurate with a low interceptions. 

You might even be able to trade back a few picks and still get him if teams take chances on Mayfield and Jackson in the top 12 picks. I’d be comfortable taking him at 13.

Hes not a day 1 starter but having Colt will give him a chance to develop and play either next year or if Colt gets hurt.

we won’t go to the playoffs with Colt or Mason at qb next year but I think he can be a quality Andy Dalton type guy that you can win with if you have a excellent defense and quality run game. 

Reports from some scouts have Rudolph above even Dalton & Rosen. It will be interesting to see how that plays out. Rudolph to me seems like this year’s Carson Wentz. Throughout the year scouts projected Wentz as a mid first round guy or even 2nd round Guy. When teams really focused on them all starting in February then Wentz shot ip the draft board, ultimately landing a team at #2.

its possible Rudolph could make the same jump depending how he looks obey the next two months. He’s got better size and he’s the most mature qb at the top of the draft.

25 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Reports from some scouts have Rudolph above even Dalton & Rosen. It will be interesting to see how that plays out. Rudolph to me seems like this year’s Carson Wentz. Throughout the year scouts projected Wentz as a mid first round guy or even 2nd round Guy. When teams really focused on them all starting in February then Wentz shot ip the draft board, ultimately landing a team at #2.

its possible Rudolph could make the same jump depending how he looks obey the next two months. He’s got better size and he’s the most mature qb at the top of the draft.

Whoa carson wentz ?

34 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Did you wanna draft him? I'm getting that vibe .

I’d rather draft Rudolph than Mayfield or Jackson but if I had the #1 pick I’d take Darnold because he has the biggest upside.

Mccloughan claims Manziel is a smaller version of Favre - which he may be - but I think Darnold is the closest thing to Favre, Rodgers, Roethlisberger or a healthy Andrew Luck in this draft. Darnold has the size and athleticism to make all the throws and off Schedule plays and he’s a a gunslinger.

Archived