The NOT Too Early 2018 NFL Draft Thread

turtle28

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

I never thought Arie had issues on the field. Yes we can do better but he never looked like a liability. Just saying. I think they do like Catalina. Who knows we will see what they decide too do

Wasn't there an instance where Arie got called for holding twice and then beat for a sack on the same drive last year? 

35 minutes ago, Woz said:

Except then they don't have a swing tackle. That's stealing from Peter to pay Paul.

I would rather replace back-ups with rookies than starters with rookies. I personally think Williams-Nsekhe-Roullier-Scherff-Moses is our best possible line this upcoming year.

21 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

They need to take two OL in the draft. Hopefully one pulls a Roullier and is starting quality year 1.

While I don't disagree they need to take two OL, any lineman past the third is perhaps a bit of a long shot to be a starter.

7 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I would rather replace back-ups with rookies than starters with rookies. I personally think Williams-Nsekhe-Roullier-Scherff-Moses is our best possible line this upcoming year.

Except we regularly see Williams and Moses gut it out with reoccurring injuries. Having Nsekhe ready to step in will be key.

Plus, it's a different position with different responsibilities and muscle memory. If they have to go that route, fine, but that will be yet another failing of the front office.

4 minutes ago, Woz said:

While I don't disagree they need to take two OL, any lineman past the third is perhaps a bit of a long shot to be a starter.

Of course they are that’s why we could trade down in round 2, and get an extra pick in round 3 or 4. 

Also, free agency isn’t over yet.

2 hours ago, Woz said:

Except we regularly see Williams and Moses gut it out with reoccurring injuries. Having Nsekhe ready to step in will be key.

Plus, it's a different position with different responsibilities and muscle memory. If they have to go that route, fine, but that will be yet another failing of the front office.

I disagree that fielding the best possible line would be a failure. I absolutely think that solid depth can be had in the draft and fa signings.

I will also mention that although he has failed with several other teams TJ Clemmings player admirably with our starters out. I would not mind him being a valued back up.

4 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

Let's not get lazy talent wise on the OL. We need to upgrade this running game .

It’s not lazy, it’s believing one of your 3 young interior OL could be the next player to break out like Ioannidis and Lanier did last year on defense and drafting another C/G prospect to compete with them.

Archived