The NOT Too Early 2018 NFL Draft Thread

turtle28

Just now, MKnight82 said:

Adams went 5th last year.  I also think James is kind of like jalen Ramsey where he could possibly play CB in the nfl.

If that's the case, then it makes a bit more sense for him to go top 5. But to the Colts? That still baffles me.

1 minute ago, Woz said:

If that's the case, then it makes a bit more sense for him to go top 5. But to the Colts? That still baffles me.

Colts need everything.  The Jags took Ramsey when they needed everything and they seem to be going in the right direction.

On 9/20/2017 at 10:44 AM, SeanTayorsaPIMP said:

I really only watch Clemson football and then the marquee match ups of the weekend. It's going to take me awhile to get a good grip on the Clemson players this year since there was so much turnover but they have about 3 Dlinemen that I know will be good NFL players and I still would love to add to our DLine.

DT Christian Wilkins

DE Clelin Ferrell

DT Dexter Lawrence

Wilkins is the safest pick and Lawrence has the highest upside. I'll keep you guys posted on the development as the season goes on but when watching Clemson, those are the 3 play Dlinemen to keep an eye on.

Is it me or do Clemson defensive lineman tend to struggle in the nfl? 

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Colts need everything.  The Jags took Ramsey when they needed everything and they seem to be going in the right direction.

Indy has to come out of this draft with one mission accomplished: protect Andrew Luck at all costs. Getting a safety instead of a tackle is a failure.

15 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I really hope we take another first round DE to play opposite of Allen.  Then maybe a LG in the 2nd and WR in the 3rd.  

I also could see us taking a RB in the 2nd.

IF we retain Kirk. And that is a BIG, IF... I am toying with the idea of drafting a RB in the 1st. Or at the very least go your prediction and go DL in 1 and RB in 2.

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

Sorry sorry don’t mean to spam the thread but I’d also like to add that if we retain Zach Brown upgrading Fosters spot is a possibility but isn’t a first round need IMO.

1. Assumes we keep Brown. While it would seem to me to be a no-brainer, we have some brainer-less folks in charge.
  2. If it's the BPA, I could roll with it.

Assuming that Cousins is re-signed (since if he isn't, that's priority #1), my need order (for defensive picks, assume they are 4-3 since we use a four man front most of the time):

1. WR
  2. OG
  3. RDE
  4. ILB
  5. RB
  6. LDE
  7. OT (thinking swing tackle here)
  8. QB (depth pick)
  9. OLB

I'm willing to listen to alternatives

Just now, Woz said:
  1. Assumes we keep Brown. While it would seem to me to be a no-brainer, we have some brainer-less folks in charge.
  2. If it's the BPA, I could roll with it.

Assuming that Cousins is re-signed (since if he isn't, that's priority #1), my need order (for defensive picks, assume they are 4-3 since we use a four man front most of the time):

1. WR
  2. OG
  3. RDE
  4. ILB
  5. RB
  6. LDE
  7. OT (thinking swing tackle here)
  8. QB (depth pick)
  9. OLB

I'm willing to listen to alternatives

That’s solid but I think RB should be ahead of MLB if Brown returns.  You also left NT off your list, let’s wedge it between RB and MLB.

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

That’s solid but I think RB should be ahead of MLB if Brown returns.  You also left NT off your list, let’s wedge it between RB and MLB.

Again, I was mainly thinking from a four man front. In that case, we have Allen and Ioannidis as our two DTs. If we want to keep up the 3-4 charade, then okay.

As for switching RB and ILB, I think our interior linebacking corps is thin. I'd rather bolster that than grabbing another RB. Call it a flip of a coin between the two.

1 minute ago, Woz said:

Again, I was mainly thinking from a four man front. In that case, we have Allen and Ioannidis as our two DTs. If we want to keep up the 3-4 charade, then okay.

As for switching RB and ILB, I think our interior linebacking corps is thin. I'd rather bolster that than grabbing another RB. Call it a flip of a coin between the two.

However, if another Dalvin Cook or Fournette falls to us and its our pick in the 2nd? I say  "Take Him!"

Just now, Thaiphoon said:

However, if another Dalvin Cook or Fournette falls to us and its our pick in the 2nd? I say  "Take Him!"

Absolutely. That list assumes that if you have equivalent talented players at their particular position available to you when you are picking. If you have a more talented player at a lower need position, then you go with the talent.

Archived