The NOT Too Early 2018 NFL Draft Thread

turtle28

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I think he's going to be the best of the bunch. That's been my guy. We won't get a shot at him though because we decided to win meaningless games with a QB who's going to walk away. Yay

I thank you for pointing me to him last year. I really started taking notice of him then and following him. I had a bunch of things to do today and missed the game but will try to record a replay of it and watch it. I think he's gonna be good, too

33 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I still think Darnold is the best. He just seems to have it all. He’s got a bit of the Brett Favre magic to him too. 

I like him a lot too. Heck of a QB. I know people are putting this class down but I think it's a pretty damn good QB class. Very solid. 

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

I like him a lot too. Heck of a QB. I know people are putting this class down but I think it's a pretty damn good QB class. Very solid. 

We do have options, that is for sure. If we lose the next two it helps us a lot in terms of getting the guy we want (assuming we lose Kirk)

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Walterfootball’s latest 4 round Redskins Mock:

Round 1: Veta Vita, NT, Washington 

Round 2: Ronald Jones, RB, USC

Round 3: James Washington, WR, Ok St

Round 4: Malik Jefferson, ILB, Texas

I like it a lot. It does depend on what Kirk does though. This draft would have to assume Kirk stayed. If they trot Colt out there and someone like Alex Torgersen than FedEx will be even emptier than it's been. 

8 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I like it a lot. It does depend on what Kirk does though. This draft would have to assume Kirk stayed. If they trot Colt out there and someone like Alex Torgersen than FedEx will be even emptier than it's been. 

Depends, if they run the ball more and play stout defense they could be like the Redskins of most of last decade. Ground control with a good defense and still be around .500.

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Depends, if they run the ball more and play stout defense they could be like the Redskins of most of last decade. Ground control with a good defense and still be around .500.

I can't see anyway this team is even remotely decent with Colt starting. I mean, I know it's something some fans think would be an okay trade off but Colt is not a good QB. Hell, I'm not even sure he's a good back up? If Kirk leaves and they don't draft a QB FedEx field will be empty. 

50 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I can't see anyway this team is even remotely decent with Colt starting. I mean, I know it's something some fans think would be an okay trade off but Colt is not a good QB. Hell, I'm not even sure he's a good back up? If Kirk leaves and they don't draft a QB FedEx field will be empty. 

I just don’t understand your perspective given what Colt looked like in Gruden’s offense in 2014. I mean, the way I see it, if Gruden had his way Colt would have played every game from the Titans game until the end of the year and would have been the front runner to be the starter over RG3 & Kirk heading into the 2015 season. If Bruce and Dan hadn’t forced Gruden to start RG3 vs the Vikings and after, Colt may have continued to play like he did vs the Cowboys and Colts that year.

I know this is one crazy throught, but imagine the Redskins lose Kirk but sign Le’Veon Bell. If that happens then we’ll have arguably the best running back in the league to lean on and if our OL, D and other playmakers stay healthy we’ll be like the 2007 Redskins with Todd Collins.

8 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I just don’t understand your perspective given what Colt looked like in Gruden’s offense in 2014. I mean, the way I see it, if Gruden had his way Colt would have played every game from the Titans game until the end of the year and would have been the front runner to be the starter over RG3 & Kirk heading into the 2015 season. If Bruce and Dan hadn’t forced Gruden to start RG3 vs the Vikings and after, Colt may have continued to play like he did vs the Cowboys and Colts that year.

I know this is one crazy throught, but imagine the Redskins lose Kirk but sign Le’Veon Bell. If that happens then we’ll have arguably the best running back in the league to lean on and if our OL, D and other playmakers stay healthy we’ll be like the 2007 Redskins with Todd Collins.

My perspective is based off of Colts career to this point. He's a back up at best and that's when he can stay healthy. If we lose Kirk and our only option at QB is Colt then Bruce should be catapulted into the Atlantic Ocean. 

18 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

My perspective is based off of Colts career to this point. He's a back up at best and that's when he can stay healthy. If we lose Kirk and our only option at QB is Colt then Bruce should be catapulted into the Atlantic Ocean. 

But that was before he was in Gruden’s offense when he played for the damn Browns. It’s seems pretty ridiculous to take a QBs first few years in the league when he played for the worst franchise in the league over the last 25 years and say that he's that same player 5 years later, especially when his new team - the Redskins - has more weapons than the Browns did from 2010-2012.

25 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

But that was before he was in Gruden’s offense when he played for the damn Browns. It’s seems pretty ridiculous to take a QBs first few years in the league when he played for the worst franchise in the league over the last 25 years and say that he's that same player 5 years later, especially when his new team - the Redskins - has more weapons than the Browns did from 2010-2012.

Turtle, come on bro. We're talking about Colt McCoy here. He's not good. This argument is crazy. 

40 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Turtle, come on bro. We're talking about Colt McCoy here. He's not good. This argument is crazy. 

I’m not saying he’s going to be Kirk Cousins or anything, just saying that basing what he is now out of what he looked like as a rookie through his 3rd year playing for the Browns doesn’t exactly pass the smell test. 

58 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I’m not saying he’s going to be Kirk Cousins or anything, just saying that basing what he is now out of what he looked like as a rookie through his 3rd year playing for the Browns doesn’t exactly pass the smell test. 

I'm basing it off of what he did for us, which was basically nothing. We beat the cowboys with him underthrowing a wide open DJax like 3 times. I'll be forever grateful to him for beating Dallas but he's not good. 

9 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I'm basing it off of what he did for us, which was basically nothing. We beat the cowboys with him underthrowing a wide open DJax like 3 times. I'll be forever grateful to him for beating Dallas but he's not good. 

You conveniently ignore his best game of that season vs Indy when he went toe for toe with a healthy Andrew Luck, but maybe Colt’s 66%, 392 yards, 3 TDs and 113 Rtg in that game was just dumb luck too... sure...

I know I’m not going to convince anyone here that Colt could be a serviceable starter but I think what he flashed in Gruden’s offense in 2014 at least displays the possibility of it. Just dismissing the possibility is ridiculous.

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

You conveniently ignore his best game of that season vs Indy when he went toe for toe with a healthy Andrew Luck, but maybe Colt’s 66%, 392 yards, 3 TDs and 113 Rtg in that game was just dumb luck too... sure...

I know I’m not going to convince anyone here that Colt could be a serviceable starter but I think what he flashed in Gruden’s offense in 2014 at least displays the possibility of it. Just dismissing the possibility is ridiculous.

Didn't we lose by like three TDs? Wasn't a lot of it garbage time stats when the game was clearly getting out of hand? 

Archived