The NOT Too Early 2018 NFL Draft Thread

turtle28

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

That's not really fair. I watched one game where he threw about 6 perfect passes in a row between two series that were just flat out dropped. He's surrounded by nothing. 

Definitely doesn’t have a great team around him, but I don’t think he’s ready for the nfl. If I were him I’d go back for my senior year. I think he’s a project that has a lot of upside, but at this point as a Redskins fan, I don’t want any more projects!

Id rather have a less physically talented qb that knows what he’s doing than to watch some guy come in and be the worst qb in the league for a few years as he develops.

1 hour ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Scouting Denzel Ward and Billy Price really don’t see anyone else they would be looking at. No shot at getting Barkley. 

Denzel Ward (CB, OSU), Billy Prince(OC/OG, OSU), Paris Campbell (WR, OSU, Garçon type size), Dante Booker (3-4 ILB/4-3 OLB, OSU), Jason Cabinda (ILB, PSU), Marcus Allen (S, PSU), Michael Hill (DE/DT, OSU), Dre’Mont Jones (DE/DT, OSU), Jamarco Jones (OT, OSU), Damon Webb (S, OSU) Parker Cothren (DE/DT, PSU), Brendan Mahon (OG, PSU), 

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Denzel Ward (CB, OSU), Billy Prince(OC/OG, OSU), Paris Campbell (WR, OSU, Garçon type size), Dante Booker (3-4 ILB/4-3 OLB, OSU), Jason Cabinda (ILB, PSU), Marcus Allen (S, PSU), Michael Hill (DE/DT, OSU), Dre’Mont Jones (DE/DT, OSU), Jamarco Jones (OT, OSU), Damon Webb (S, OSU) Parker Cothren (DE/DT, PSU), Brendan Mahon (OG, PSU), 

You forgot Sam Hubbard (OSU), Taquan Lewis (OSU)

58 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

You forgot Sam Hubbard (OSU), Taquan Lewis (OSU)

I didn’t include them because I don’t see the Redskins drafting an OLB early. Those guys will definitely be two of the best players on the field though.

I'd like to see Nick Chubb here. I like Barkley a lot but I think Chubb ends up being a better pro. Depending on where we pick you'd probably have to take him at the end of the first round to get him but he's worth it. As far as defenders, if we can get Chubb in round one and then walk away with Vea in the second I'd be a happy camper. Get a stud RB and NT and those two will go a long way to fixing some of the issues we have. 

10 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I'd like to see Nick Chubb here. I like Barkley a lot but I think Chubb ends up being a better pro. Depending on where we pick you'd probably have to take him at the end of the first round to get him but he's worth it. As far as defenders, if we can get Chubb in round one and then walk away with Vea in the second I'd be a happy camper. Get a stud RB and NT and those two will go a long way to fixing some of the issues we have. 

Chubb has been looking good. Has a redskins player type last name too lol but we will see what happens. There are good backs and this team really needs one. But unless we get a stud back I would got DL again

The truth is we'll be going QB in the first. Kirk is gone and we all know it. If the spiral continues then Gruden is gone to. Hopefully it will mean the end of Bruce and possibly we just hold a fire sale. Sell off anything worth a damn. Reed, Williams, Crowder, Thompson etc. They'll all be old by the time this thing gets going and Trent deserves much better then this. Give him a shot at winning. Send him to the Pats for a first. I'd be shocked if they said no. 

6 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

The truth is we'll be going QB in the first. Kirk is gone and we all know it. If the spiral continues then Gruden is gone to. Hopefully it will mean the end of Bruce and possibly we just hold a fire sale. Sell off anything worth a damn. Reed, Williams, Crowder, Thompson etc. They'll all be old by the time this thing gets going and Trent deserves much better then this. Give him a shot at winning. Send him to the Pats for a first. I'd be shocked if they said no. 

I'm at the point where this is an intriguing idea

1 minute ago, Thaiphoon said:

I'm at the point where this is an intriguing idea

He's the best LT in football when healthy and if Brady comes back next year it gives him a hell of a blindside blocker. A first is a small price to pay for a 41-year old QBs ability to stay upright. 

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

They'll all be old by the time this thing gets going and Trent deserves much better then this. Give him a shot at winning. Send him to the Pats for a first. I'd be shocked if they said no. 

Given where they draft, I would need 2018 and 2019 1sts.

Archived