Chargers sign CB Chris Harris

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Love Harris, but aren't he and King better off inside? How's that gonna work? 

I'm not saying it'll certainly be the case, but Casey Heyward also got the label as "more of a slot guy" when he was a free agent and signed with the Chargers.  I think Harris is capable of playing outside; it's more that his preference (@Counselor correct me if I'm wrong here) was not being "Revis'd" so to speak, which with Casey Heyward on the opposite side of the field, he won't have to in this scenario.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The LBC said:

I'm not saying it'll certainly be the case, but Casey Heyward also got the label as "more of a slot guy" when he was a free agent and signed with the Chargers.  I think Harris is capable of playing outside; it's more that his preference (@Counselor correct me if I'm wrong here) was not being "Revis'd" so to speak, which with Casey Heyward on the opposite side of the field, he won't have to in this scenario.

Yeah that's true, just feels like we had a few years of 'Chris Harris isn't just a slot corner, he's just as good outside'. Then last year everyone was like 'actually, he probably needs to go back there full-time at this point.' 

The funny thing is his preference was being Revis'd...until he actually had to do it. Fangio planned to use him as the nickel until Callahan's foot injury and Chris was not happy about it. 

Also, the deal he took looks very similar to the one he turned down from Denver last year. Too bad, probably in 4th round comp territory instead of 3rd. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Yeah that's true, just feels like we had a few years of 'Chris Harris isn't just a slot corner, he's just as good outside'. Then last year everyone was like 'actually, he probably needs to go back there full-time at this point.' 

Funny how that last bit tended to correspond with a Broncos defense that, the secondary included, was pretty knocked around by losing guys to IR (Chubb, Callahan, Winn, Bausby, Wolfe, Gotsis).

2 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Funny how that last bit tended to correspond with a Broncos defense that, the secondary included, was pretty knocked around by losing guys to IR (Chubb, Callahan, Winn, Bausby, Wolfe, Gotsis).

Yeah fair enough, rarely saw any Broncos last year so just repeating media talking points. 

He's my favourite ever Bronco. I've no animosity for a player playing for a rival; players shouldn't have loyalty to any team.

I do think he's slowed a bit, but in the right scheme and pressure upfront he's still got a lot to offer. The standards he demands from his teammates will be great for the Chargers too.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Yes Chris can play inside or out. He even played some safety at Kansas. His senior year at Kansas he started 6 games at corner and 6 at safety. He can play anywhere in the secondary if you really wanted him to.

21 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

CJH needs to play slot - and he knows it