POTD 9/20 - Travelling

UKTexans

Do you like to travel?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever travelled outside of the US?

• Yes
    • No
    • There's nothing outside 'Murica
    • Europe isn't a country?
  2. 2. How far afield have you travelled?

• I already told you NO!
    • I've visited the neighbours (yes, that's a "u")
    • Europe - Italian cuisine, French wine and German efficiency!
    • Asia/SoAm/Africa - True backpacker born and bred
    • I'd rather not talk about the things I've seen (primarily for those who have been "stationed" overseas)
    • London, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Dubai etc. - Strictly a major city globetrotter
    • Carib/South Asia - White beaches, turquoise water
    • Other - whatever that is? Antarctica?

Being a Brit & living in Europe makes travelling pretty easy, particularly around the continent. Flights are readily available and generally at a reasonable cost.

However, living in the US can often mean you live thousands of miles (and dollars) away from the nearest foreign country, not to mention visas!

So I'm curious how many of you have ventured from your homeland, and how far afield you have managed to visit?

Been to a lot of places a few times - mostly when I was younger, with family. Used to go to India on a yearly basis, that kind of stopped once my sister was in college (so I was in Middle School, I guess?) Made stops in Paris, London, Stuttgart (my dad was a Porsche fan) etc. Was too young to really enjoy it, to be honest.

Post 18, I've been to Cancun three times, Aruba once, Canada twice for lake fishing (arguably one of the most amazing experiences I've ever been on) Malasya once, and Greece for my sister 40th birthday (the most amazing place in the world that I've ever been to. Culture, food, weather, swimming in the Mediterranean Sea - if I hit the lottery and invested my money well enough to never have to work again, I'd absolutely buy a beach house or small hotel on Mykonos and live out the rest of my life there with the family).

Traveled to Indianapolis (colts) and Toronto (raptors) for sports games to see my friends favorite teams. Also saw the Hornets when I was in Charlotte for a previous job.

Portugal and Las Vegas.

Then just random states like Vermont, New Hampshire for snowboarding. Philadelphia when my friend was there for college. Florida for a friend's wedding. Beach houses in Cape Cod.

Would love to visit Greece one day.

14 minutes ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

Traveled to Indianapolis (colts) and Toronto (raptors) for sports games to see my friends favorite teams. Also saw the Hornets when I was in Charlotte for a previous job.

Portugal and Las Vegas.

Then just random states like Vermont, New Hampshire for snowboarding. Philadelphia when my friend was there for college. Florida for a friend's wedding. Beach houses in Cape Cod.

Would love to visit Greece one day.

Cape Cod might be the most disappointing place I've ever been.

For as much as it gets hyped, I found it exceptionally average.

IMO of course...

I've been to United Arab Emirates (mainly Abu Dhabi), Q'atar, Italy, Ireland, Germany and England thanks to the Air Force.

I've also visited about 15 states (New York, Jersey, South Carolina, Maryland, Delaware, Texas, Florida, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, Virginia, Oklahoma, Louisiana and Massachusetts off the top of my head). 

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Cape Cod might be the most disappointing place I've ever been.

For as much as it gets hyped, I found it exceptionally average.

IMO of course...

We didn't really go around Cape Cod that much. We were a minute walk from the beach so we mostly just stayed there during the day and just got drunk back at the house at night. 

Just now, O'Doyle Rules said:

We didn't really go around Cape Cod that much. We were a minute walk from the beach so we mostly just stayed there during the day and just got drunk back at the house at night. 

The beach was even awful. 

We were there a little over a month ago and the water was 59 degrees. I'm not swimming in 59 degree water.

Needless to say I drank my frustrations away.

12 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The beach was even awful. 

We were there a little over a month ago and the water was 59 degrees. I'm not swimming in 59 degree water.

Needless to say I drank my frustrations away.

Yeah we was there during the middle of summer so the water was great lol.

Archived