Redskins Signing RB J.D. McKissic - 2 Year Deal

Skinsin2013

16 hours ago, offbyone said:

I would have kept Chris Thompson or just drafted someone.  Not sure why we do this with Guice and Love and the stability of AP.

Because he’s a proven receiver out of the backfield and while I love CT, he hasn’t been able to stay healthy and he’s going to be 30.

12 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

After thinking about this more, they should’ve just kept CT. I just don’t understand this signing at all

Why? CT is going to be 30 and as much as I love him, he's injury prone. We are signing young players we are trying to develop along with the young players we already have on the team or a few vet leaders like Thomas Davis to help w/ leadership on the team.

Edited by turtle28

On 3/19/2020 at 12:24 AM, offbyone said:

I would have kept Chris Thompson or just drafted someone.  Not sure why we do this with Guice and Love and the stability of AP.

Because Thompson is always hurt, it looks like Guice has cursed knees and Love is coming back from a torn ACL surgery.  Not to mention, McKissic is filling that third-down/pass-catching/change of pace running back slot that Thompson filled.  Guice, Peterson and eventually Love are going to be fighting for the rest of the snaps.  In my mind, you let Peterson start the year as the bellcow, and eventually give carries to the other guys as they prove they are healthy and can handle the load.  The worst thing we could do for Love is rush him into things and he gets hurt like what happened to Guice.  And like I said last year, Guice needs to be eased into the game, not thrown in.  

• Like 2

On 3/18/2020 at 10:30 PM, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Scat backs are a dime a dozen, no issues with him provided there’s not much guaranteed money. I’d still draft an upside guy late

Yep, I've said I want Malcolm Perry there, but I think they aren't going to go with him.  It's a shame but it is what it is.  

9 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Because Thompson is always hurt, it looks like Guice has cursed knees and Love is coming back from a torn ACL surgery.  Not to mention, McKissic is filling that third-down/pass-catching/change of pace running back slot that Thompson filled.  Guice, Peterson and eventually Love are going to be fighting for the rest of the snaps.  In my mind, you let Peterson start the year as the bellcow, and eventually give carries to the other guys as they prove they are healthy and can handle the load.  The worst thing we could do for Love is rush him into things and he gets hurt like what happened to Guice.  And like I said last year, Guice needs to be eased into the game, not thrown in.  

I kind of see it like Peterson and Guice will target downs 1 and 2 and Love and McKissic will fight for that 3rd down back role.  

Now that I see the contract I am not alarmed by this move.  It is basically a 1 year deal for 1.6 million a year and we can keep for 2021 for the same low low price if we like him.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Yep, I've said I want Malcolm Perry there, but I think they aren't going to go with him.  It's a shame but it is what it is.  

I don't know that we can trust that Perry will be the answer right away as a 3rd down receiving pick. 

I'd be down for adding Malcolm Perry as an undrafted RB to be developed along with Craig Reynolds.

14 hours ago, offbyone said:

I kind of see it like Peterson and Guice will target downs 1 and 2 and Love and McKissic will fight for that 3rd down back role.  

Now that I see the contract I am not alarmed by this move.  It is basically a 1 year deal for 1.6 million a year and we can keep for 2021 for the same low low price if we like him.

Yeah, it's a very low risk move.  But I don't see Love fighting McKissic for the third down role at all.  Love had a grand total of 49 receptions in his college career.  He's going to be fighting for carries, I don't see him in that third down role.  

11 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Yeah, it's a very low risk move.  But I don't see Love fighting McKissic for the third down role at all.  Love had a grand total of 49 receptions in his college career.  He's going to be fighting for carries, I don't see him in that third down role.  

True, but just bc Love wasn't asked to catch a lot out of the backfield doesn't mean he's not capable. It's probably something he's going to be working a lot on this offseason. We all know that Stanford’s offense doesn't do a lot of losses to the RB out of the backfield. I hope Love does flash that ability,  Hopefully he has it in him.