Redskins Signing RB J.D. McKissic - 2 Year Deal

Skinsin2013

11 hours ago, turtle28 said:

True, but just bc Love wasn't asked to catch a lot out of the backfield doesn't mean he's not capable. It's probably something he's going to be working a lot on this offseason. We all know that Stanford’s offense doesn't do a lot of losses to the RB out of the backfield. I hope Love does flash that ability,  Hopefully he has it in him.

If there is a chance to work on it this off-season.  I'm not thinking that we are going to see much, if any, OTA's and very limited mini-camps.  So I'm thinking he's going to have to fight for carries here.  

On 3/25/2020 at 12:09 AM, naptownskinsfan said:

If there is a chance to work on it this off-season.  I'm not thinking that we are going to see much, if any, OTA's and very limited mini-camps.  So I'm thinking he's going to have to fight for carries here.  

It just depends, Love has first round talent and more home run speed then any other RB we have. He’ll be like 18 months removed from his ACL tear his Senior year at Stanford by the time the season starts this year. He could really shock everyone and show that talent that he did as a junior, also we know Guice is always battling injuries, that could open up carries for Love as well if Guice gets hurt again.

Edited by turtle28

10 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Really under the radar signing.  This offense does do a lot out of the backfield as far as catching passes, and he is going to get a chance to shine. 

Yeah for sure. Just look at how Turner & company used McCaffery.

10 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Really under the radar signing.  This offense does do a lot out of the backfield as far as catching passes, and he is going to get a chance to shine. 

Yup. Heard him talking to Sheehan on the radio this a.m. about him. I'm actually kinda positive about this one.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yup. Heard him talking to Sheehan on the radio this a.m. about him. I'm actually kinda positive about this one.

Yeah, as far as I can tell McKissic is a CT comp. They look very similar except JD is 2 inches taller.