Bruce Irvin Back to Seattle

showtime

I think it's a good signing. Irvin doesn't offer much in run defense but he's okay in coverage and he still gets pretty good EDGE pressure which is something we lacked majorly last year. He's 32 so I'm not sure quite as effective, but he was pretty good with Oakland. Once he left to Carolina/Atlanta he was less effective.

Anyway, good rotational pickup. We need someone on 3rd and long that is a pass rushing threat. I really hope Collier/Green step it up and Reed gets back to where he left off in 2018. I think it's a major longshot we sign Clowney, but maybe we can still snag Griffen. 

17 hours ago, NFL_Announcer said:

I think it's a good signing. Irvin doesn't offer much in run defense but he's okay in coverage and he still gets pretty good EDGE pressure which is something we lacked majorly last year. He's 32 so I'm not sure quite as effective, but he was pretty good with Oakland. Once he left to Carolina/Atlanta he was less effective.

Anyway, good rotational pickup. We need someone on 3rd and long that is a pass rushing threat. I really hope Collier/Green step it up and Reed gets back to where he left off in 2018. I think it's a major longshot we sign Clowney, but maybe we can still snag Griffen. 

Thinking that's the key here. Those guys and maybe Naz Jones can pick up the slack at the 5-Tech post Jefferson. Bringing back Clowney, drafting a twitchy edge, and disruptive DT that can contribute with Irvin would help boster the pass rush significantly. Even if they miss out of Clowney, signing Emerson Griffin would still stabilize the unit.